Tape Adhesive on Carpet

How can I remove adhesive from carpet? I used double sided rug tape to stick the area rug onto the wall to wall carpeting because the rug kept moving when my father walked on it with his rolling walker. The rug kept moving, so I finally gave up and took the area rug out of the room. Now I have these ugly black adhesive spots on my carpeting. I need help!

Susan from Portage, IN

Tape Adhesive on Carpet

I used duct tape to tape down a runner by the front door. I used Goo Gone to remove the tell tales of it. I have done it a twice so far and each time it removes a little more. (09/26/2006)

By Lori

Tape Adhesive on Carpet
Removing a bandaid and leaving behind some adhesive residue.
Removing Adhesive Residue on Skin
applying adhesive on a window
Removing Adhesive from Glass
Duct Tape
Removing Duct Tape From Carpet
Excess Adhesive on Floor Tiles
Removing Excess Adhesive From Floor Tiles