Tea Light Snowman

By lalala... 731 97

The flame of the battery operated tea lights make a perfect carrot nose for a snowman. With a few supplies you can make an adorable ornament!

finished snowman

Approximate Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 1 snowman

• battery operated tea light
  • scrapbook paper, print and white
  • black paint pen
  • pom pom
  • ribbon
snowman supplies

1. First I traced the tea light so that I could sketch out the hat to fit the snowman. Once I had a good outline for a hat, I cut out the brim and hat top to use as templates.
  2. sketch hat
  3. Trace your hat templates onto the papers you selected for your hat. Cut them out.
  4. hat brim templatehat template
  5. Glue the brim to the hat and glue a pom pom on top.
  6. finished hat
  7. Using the paint pen, draw the mouth and eyes into the front of the tea light. Be sure to leave room to glue the hat onto the top.
  8. draw eyes and mouthgglue hat on snowman
  9. If you want to make the snowman into an ornament, glue a loop of ribbon onto the back. You can also set it on a table top as a decoration.
  10. glue on hangersnowman on tree
Showing: Comments Sort

By Ginnee 2 189 Flag

So cute! I have a couple extra tea lights, I'm going to make snowmen. Thank you for the great idea ;-)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sandi/Poor But Proud 466 2,132 Flag

This is too cute! You could also put a magnet on the back and hang it on the door (providing it's metal like mine) or the fridge. Now that you can get them 3/1.00 that would be a very cute thing to make with the kids. Kudos!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By magdab 1 Flag

Adorable! Now I have to find those tea lights.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By lstanhope63 5 61 Flag

How cute is this! Thank you so much for sharing your awesome project.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Tea Light Snowman Ornament
Tea Light Snowman Ornament
Previous
Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations OrnamentsDecember 20, 2012
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Tea Light Snowman Ornament
Tea Light Snowman Ornament
paving stone snowman
Making a Paving Stone Snowman
Snowman Christmas Ornaments
Snowman Christmas Ornaments
Making a Snowman Wreath
Making a Snowman Wreath
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 6, 2016 at 9:59:35 PM on 10.0.1.245 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings