Share Crafts

Tea Light Snowman

finished snowman

The flame of the battery operated tea lights make a perfect carrot nose for a snowman. With a few supplies you can make an adorable ornament!

Approximate Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 1 snowman

• battery operated tea light
  • scrapbook paper, print and white
  • black paint pen
  • pom pom
  • ribbon
snowman supplies

1. First I traced the tea light so that I could sketch out the hat to fit the snowman. Once I had a good outline for a hat, I cut out the brim and hat top to use as templates.
  2. sketch hat
  3. Trace your hat templates onto the papers you selected for your hat. Cut them out.
  4. hat brim templatehat template
  5. Glue the brim to the hat and glue a pom pom on top.
  6. finished hat
  7. Using the paint pen, draw the mouth and eyes into the front of the tea light. Be sure to leave room to glue the hat onto the top.
  8. draw eyes and mouthgglue hat on snowman
  9. If you want to make the snowman into an ornament, glue a loop of ribbon onto the back. You can also set it on a table top as a decoration.
  10. glue on hangersnowman on tree

By lalala... [716]

By Ginnee 2 186 12/21/2012

So cute! I have a couple extra tea lights, I'm going to make snowmen. Thank you for the great idea ;-)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Sandi/Poor But Proud 449 2,078 12/30/2012

This is too cute! You could also put a magnet on the back and hang it on the door (providing it's metal like mine) or the fridge. Now that you can get them 3/1.00 that would be a very cute thing to make with the kids. Kudos!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By magdab 1 01/16/2013

Adorable! Now I have to find those tea lights.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By lstanhope63 5 58 12/08/2014

How cute is this! Thank you so much for sharing your awesome project.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Post a Comment