Tea Stain On White T-shirt

I recently spilled tea on a white T-shirt and washed it and dried it and the stain is still there. Is there any way to remove it since I have already dried the shirt in the dryer? PS, I cannot use bleach on the fabric. Thank you.

Arlene of PA

Answers:

Tea Stain On White T-shirt

If you can't use bleach I would try to soak it in a fairly strong solution of an enzyme laundry detergent & water in a bucket, for at least 24 full hours. Ex: ERA, maybe TIDE or WISK. I've had luck w/ ERA. Took blood 100% off a new white t-shirt after about 20 hrs. Don't know if it will "eat away" at the tea, though. I've since learned about peroxide or alcohol for blood stains. If you can't find something that works, brew a bucket full of med-strong tea & "tea dye" the shirt to be all the same color. Yes, this is a real technique. Not white anymore, but no longer stained. (04/02/2005)

By kidsNclutter

Tea Stain On White T-shirt

Try soaking your t-shirt in Oxi-Clean overnight. You may have to repeat a second time. (04/02/2005)

By truerblue

Tea Stain On White T-shirt

If you have Dollar General's in your area there is a product called M30 Stain Remover, it's only $1 and it works great. Try it hope it works (04/03/2005)

By Linda

Tea Stain On White T-shirt

I learned to whiten whites by soaking in a mixture of Biz or color safe bleach and Cascade or other dishwashing powder. You can soak these items for 2-3 days to whiten. Will even whiten REALLY OLD things. (04/03/2005)

By Sharon, Ky

Tea Stain On White T-shirt

If you can get a product called Napi San over there, it works wonders and is OK on colors. Take care on wool or silk fabrics though and don't soak it too long. (04/18/2005)

By Jocelyn

Tea Stain On White T-shirt

I'm not sure about how to get tea stains out but I know that Hydrogen Peroxide from the drug store is the best thing for getting blood stains out if you do it right away. I've been able to get stains out even after blood has dried on a fabric but not after it has gone through the washer and dryer. (07/17/2005)

By Sheryl

Tea Stain On White T-shirt

Take 1 part white vinegar and 1 part water(cold)Spray it on with a bottle and or dab on with teaspoon. It will loosen the colorant that stains the material. Then wash in cold water with twin-tub soap powder. Works every time.(05/12/2006)

By Trich

Removing Tea Stains on Fabric
Removing Tea Stains on Fabric
Russian Tea
Russian Tea Recipes
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion
Chai Tea Latte
Chai Tea Latte Recipes
🎄