Tea Tree Oil for Fleas

Are there any side effects or known bad reactions to using tea tree oil for flea prevention on dogs?

By Raneelitte from the Woodlands, TX

Answers:

Tea Tree Oil for Fleas

I really don't know, but since it's highly harmful to cats I am going to say be on the safe side and steer clear of it. (05/28/2010)

By Deeli

Tea Tree Oil for Fleas

According to our vet, Tea Tree Oil is harmful to both cats and dogs. There is so much conflicting information currently on the internet, and among vets and professional animal people (trainers, caretakers for show dogs, etc.) that I would not be taking chances with my pets. There are other and better ways to remedy the flea situation.

We have been using food grade diatomaceous earth (available online or some health food stores) forever, and never had a problem with our chickens, dogs, or cats.

Our daughter's vet had her buy a big bottle of eucalyptus oil which is highly concentrated, and can also be ordered online or from some WalMart pharmacies and it works pretty well. If my dog or cat had a flea on him or her, I'd first give them a bath in diluted original blue Dawn dishwashing liquid to kill every flea on them, then dry really well, and dust with diatomaceous earth (BE SURE it's food grade, very important) taking care not to inhale the dust or cause my pet to choke on the dust. Just keep it away from the face and eyes and I'd sprinkle diatomaceous earth on their food (just a very light sprinkle, maybe 1/4 tsp per day) and dust it on their clean bedding or where they sleep.

Animals that have bugs biting them every second of their lives are so pitiful. I can only imagine how tormented they must be.

Hope this helps you.
(05/28/2010)

By PookaRina

Tea Tree Oil for Fleas

Tea tree oil is fine for keeping fleas off people, but "Do Not put on dogs or cats.

The best flea/tick/ear mite medication I have found is Revolution. You can get it very reasonably at
http://www.vidalspets.com.

Search the internet first, you may be able to find a 5% off coupon.

(05/28/2010)

By ohmolly

Tea Tree Oil for Fleas
Tea Tree Oil
Using Tea Tree Oil for Dogs
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
Tea Tree Oil
Uses for Tea Tree Oil
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
🎄