Teflon Coming Off George Foreman Grill

We bought the George Foreman GR15BWI Grill in April of 2006. We love it. The Teflon coating is coming off the upper and lower plates big time. We are concerned about getting the Teflon in our food. Can you re-coat these grills? Is it supposed to come off? What can we do to make using this grill safe?

Richard

Answers:

Teflon Coming Off George Foreman Grill

Some folks just press a sheet of tin foil on the grilling surfaces and continue to use it plus it's easy clean up. (05/07/2008)

By Grandma Margie

Teflon Coming Off George Foreman Grill

It is absolutely not safe to use this when the Teflon is coming off. This has been all over the news lately. The risk is is too great. Get rid of it. (05/08/2008)

By Janette

Teflon Coming Off George Foreman Grill

When the Teflon started to flake off my own grill, I took a scouring pad, and removed all the Teflon that I could. I then washed the grill very well. Each time I used it thereafter, I would spray the grill with a cooking spray. No worries about the Teflon, and still great cooking. (05/08/2008)

By Karyn01

Teflon Coming Off George Foreman Grill

Buy a new one. (11/24/2008)

By Bob

Teflon Coming Off George Foreman Grill

I agree with the other posts. Instead of throwing it away and polluting our landfills or using it with flaking Teflon, clean all the Teflon off and spray with an all natural cooking spray or use aluminum foil (recyclable). If it heats up, it's still worth something. (02/15/2009)

By Alisha S.

George Foreman Rotisserie Oven
Replacement Parts for George Foreman Rotisserie Oven
Steaks on George Foreman Grill
Using A George Foreman Grill
George Foreman Grill
Cleaning a George Foreman Grill
George Foreman Grill
George Foreman Grill Recipes
🎉
🎄