Teflon Coming Off George Foreman Grill

I purchased the indoor/outdoor grill about 3 years ago. I have only washed it in hot water with dish detergent and have not used scouring pads of any kind. The Teflon is starting to come off.

I also own another Foreman grill, a large indoor one, that I have had for 5 years and cared for it the same manner and the Teflon is still in perfect condition. What is the problem with the indoor/outdoor one? It has never been outdoors, and now I am afraid to use it because of the coating coming off.

By George

Answers:

Teflon Coming Off George Foreman Grill

I've had a Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Grill for almost four years with no Teflon problem. Is it possible that you are not always using plastic instead of metal spatulas to turn the food items over with? Or is it possible that you simply use it more than the countertop indoor grill and it's simply wearing out and time to replace? If you use it quite a lot then three years is a long time. (01/11/2011)

By Deeli

Teflon Coming Off George Foreman Grill

It seems to me that no one has tried to answer your original question of what could cause it. A manufacturer's defect, the coating did not properly bond and over time it came loose and fell off. Other than that someone (around my house the someone is called "Mr(s). Nobody", used a metal utensil and won't admit it.

In either case, use the foil as suggested or throw it away. (01/12/2011)

By sweetsoo

George Foreman Rotisserie Oven
Replacement Parts for George Foreman Rotisserie Oven
Steaks on George Foreman Grill
Using A George Foreman Grill
George Foreman Grill
Cleaning a George Foreman Grill
George Foreman Grill
George Foreman Grill Recipes
🎄
🍂