Tempurpedic Mattresses Reviews

This is a guide about tempurpedic mattresses reviews. Before buying a product you spend one third of your life on, you want to make sure it is exactly the bed you need. Other people's opinions can sometimes help you make a decision.

Does anyone have any experience with sleeping on a Temperpedic mattress? We've been thinking of buying one because my husband's back is so bad. We've "tested" them in stores and they are unbelievably comfortable. My slight back pain felt was relieved even during the short test run in the store, which, of course was not a long time lying on the bed.

We'd appreciate any opinion and/or feedback from anyone!

Also, if you know where you can buy them discounted or other places we can look for them (maybe on line), we'd appreciate any and all help. They're very expensive, I know that much.

Thank you.

By metroplex from Houston, TX

Answer Was this helpful? 1

My husband and I bought a Temperpedic bed not too long after we got married. I think we've had it nearly 5 years and it really is wonderful for his back. I'm happy sleeping just about anywhere and I've been lucky to have very little back troubles. It took about a week of sleeping on the new bed for my husband's back pain to subside, but it did get a little bit better every day.

One thing I will say, and living in Houston you may never encounter this to the extreme like we do in Cleveland, is that the mattress is rock hard when you first climb in during the winter and it feels super cold for a few minutes. We discovered this year that if we keep a humidifier running in the bedroom the mattress feels warmer and is a million times softer.

We saved forever to buy the bed, knowing it would be worth the money. They are extremely pricey and at the time we bought ours (this may have changed) they never went on sale. One thing we did that we regret was buy the Temperpedic box spring. As I'm sure you know, these beds cannot be put on a traditional box spring and must be on a flat surface. We looked at options like putting plywood over top of our bed frame (which uses slats to hold up the mattress), or buying a platform bed but decided that in the long run it would be best just to buy the Temperpedic box spring. When we moved three years ago we could not get the box spring up the stairs and so we set about disassembling it to reassemble upstairs. When we opened it up we discovered that we had spend hundreds of dollars on....wooden slats that were far more spaced out than the ones already on our bed and a piece of cardboard. You have no idea how mad we were.

My advice: Buy the bed (and a humidifier) but skip the box spring; you can come up with something far cheaper yourself and save the dough.

My husband and I bought a memory-foam knock-off mattress and mattress-topper from Sam's Club, and have not regretted it at all. It does help your back pain, and now, I hate having to go somewhere where I don't have my memory-foam mattress. I don't think that you will regret this purchase. Blessings. Carole.

We have Walmart's version of the Temperpedic bed. We picked up our king size mattress at the store and saved on shipping. Read the reviews to get feedback. We love ours and are so happy that we could afford such a comfortable bed. I do recommend a waterproof mattress cover. Also, bought at Walmart.

I was so nervous about buying an item on-line without actually seeing it but we took the chance and we are glad we did. No regrets, just the most comfortable bed we ever had and we sleep so much better. The only drawback was that the mattress has an odor for about two weeks. Nothing that bothered us. Our son has a Temperpedic and said that it had the same issue. http://www.walm … Mattress/7695951

Good luck!

I bought one about 4 years ago and I love it!