Tennis Party - Decoration Ideas

I am planning a tennis member-guest event and need some relatively inexpensive decoration and centerpiece ideas. The event is a dinner and will be held at a Country Club. I would like to do something original.

Lisa from Jacksonville, FL

Answers:

Tennis Party - Decoration Ideas

Try floating tennis balls in pretty glass containers with floating candles using colored water. Cut tennis balls in half, cut slit in top to hold place cards, pictures, membership information etc. and place on tables. Stuff tennis balls into large glass vases, fill with water and local in-season foliage - will resemble the floral arrangements using oranges and lemons inside a vase.

Use tennis rackets (covered in plastic wrap on heads) to serve cheese balls and crackers, deviled eggs or whatever. Spread out tennis skirts on table underneath centerpieces. Use an old net cut into pieces over tablecloths and under centerpieces. Maybe your club will give you some balls and old nets for free! I hope this helps to get your creative juices flowing! (From a long-winded decorator, florist, wedding and events planner - wish I was there to help - sounds like fun!) (11/03/2004)

By Reba Gayle S.

Tennis Party - Decoration Ideas

I went to the local thrift shop and picked up some beautiful older tennis rackets to use on table as part of or the center piece. Decorating the tennis cupcakes I used black licorice for the seams, on the Tennis Ball Cake, I used black licorice as well for the seams.

Also, an old wooden tennis racket and ball can be sprayed painted gold, and have clear rhinestones glued around the edge, to resemble the "MILLION DOLLAR" racket. I printed small tennis cartoons on sheets of paper, cutout, and put on the tables as confetti, etc. Good Luck and have fun. (02/25/2008)

By Nora

Tennis Party - Decoration Ideas

For my daughter's party I made tennis party favors. If you go to a local tennis court, there are usually a few tennis balls left behind. My husband cut them open and made them hollow. Then I filled them with candy and tied them with ribbon. The girls loved it! (07/23/2008)

By Brandi C.

Tennis Party - Decoration Ideas

I took a Christmas card holder stand and inserted tennis balls, that I put a slit in. Usually these stands are metal and can be bent to your desire. Continue decorating as tastefully or gaudy as you like (02/05/2009)

By Donna

Tennis Party - Decoration Ideas

I found a barbie doll and a tennis outfit for her. I put her on a green stand with all the tennis stuff at her feet, balls, coke cans, tennis towel, mini rule book, sunglasses, etc. then I wrapped a net (tennis net) around her. You can put any kind of saying at the base, funny and glam. (02/05/2009)

By Donna

Tennis Party - Decoration Ideas
Old Tennis Shoes
Uses for Old Tennis Shoes
A pile of yellow tennis balls.
Saving Money on Tennis Balls
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Tennis Ball on White Background
Uses for Tennis Balls
🎄