Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Terra Cotta Clay Pot Gumball Machine

Pin It
contest winner icon

Terra Cotta Clay Pot Gumball Machine

These are really cute gift ideas and look cute on your kitchen counter. Very cheap to do.

Approximate Time: 2 hours

Yield: 1

• 1 clay pot ($1.00)
  • 1 clay pot base ($.5)
  • 1 glass type bowl to fit the bottom of clay pot ($1.00)
  • 1 small Styrofoam ball ($5)
  • 1 green ribbon ($1.00)
  • 2 red and white acryclic paint ($1.00)
  • 1 glue ($50)
  • 1 paint brush ($50)
  • 1 bag of candy ($1.00)

1. Paint your terra cotta pot red and the lid as well. Also paint your little stryofoam ball. Let dry.
  2. Paint on snow flakes with white paint. Put clay pot upside down before next step.
  3. Glue your glass bowl to the bottom of your terra cotta pot with the open part of the bowl at the top for adding candy. Let dry well.
  4. Glue your little Styrofoam ball to the top part of your pot lid. Let dry well.
  5. Then add your candy into your glass bowl and place your lid on the top of your bowl.
  6. Tie a green ribbon around your pot and it is done.

By coville123 [320]

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Dacoda Z. [1]11/20/2012

Yes people use miniature pots for wedding favors as well as baby showers. I'm making them for a few people as well.

By Frugal Sunnie [11]11/19/2012

This is SO cute! What a great way to share seasonal treats-I need to make at least four or five just for my house, and then one each for my friends. I think I'll print out your excellent directions for making them and add that to the gift so they can make more of them. Wow, these would make neat wedding table decorations, too:)

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.