Thanksgiving Gift Ideas

A popout orange pumpkin card
Sometimes bringing your host a little something special is in order. This page contains Thanksgiving gift ideas.

Easy to make pumpkin card for Thanksgiving. Begin by choosing the size of finished card you want and cut it from the printed card stock.

A popout orange pumpkin card

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 3

Decorate a live or plastic pumpkin or gourd for a seasonal decoration, or (as I plan to use them) as seating place cards and a take home gift for your guests!

Approximate Time: 15 minutes

Instructions:

1. I stamped an assortment of leaves (6-8 in different sizes and color combinations) so I would have a selection to choose from when I began assembling my project.
  2. Embellish as desired with whatever items you have available.
  3. Ad

4. Adhere leaves to the pumpkin using adhesive or glue of your choice in a pleasing fashion.
  5. Attach tag, if you are using for a place setting or as a gift, with twine or ribbon.
Enjoy!

By Diana from Prospect, KY

Transform patterned paper into wonderfully personal greeting card. One creative way is to make both folded card and pop-up.

Thanksgiving greeting card.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

I'm going to Thanksgiving dinner at my friend's house. I'm single and they told me I don't need to bring anything, but I still would like to give them something. What would be a good gift to bring in thanks for inviting me.

Tom from Bangor, MA

A bottle of wine is always a nice gift. Or how about a decorative, scented candle in a nice candleholder? Depending on how much you want to spend, flowers are nice, too, maybe a small centerpiece for the table.

Karen

Poinsettia's are always nice for this time of year. It will probably last until Christmas and will be a nice decoration.

Marianne

Bringing some cheese and crackers or other "eat before the meal" snacks is a good idea. You could also bring some wine or sparkling cider.

Aggie

Nice smelling candles are always welcome in my home. To me there is nothing more welcoming when a person walks in the door as a nicely scented candle burning. To me, it just makes the atmosphere, despite the occasion.

For the first time in many years my family is going to some dear friends of ours for Thanksgiving. She will only let me bring a dessert and I feel so odd because for one, I am usually the one cooking everything, but for two, my family has seven people in it! So I bought this candle that comes in a Mason jar and is flavored "Oatmeal Raisin Cookie". It smells so much like the season and it was inexpensive at Walmart. I am also taking a pumpkin that I already had at my home for decoration and carving it out just enough to set a pot of flowers inside of it. I will probably add rafia ribbon bows to it as well.