Thawing Fish

Try thawing frozen fish in milk. The milk will help draw out the "frozen taste" and make it taste fresher.

By Bobbie

Answers:

Thawing Fish

Another great thing about putting it in milk is if it's fatty the milk will eat the fat. My dad caught a crappie that was well over 20 lbs and he wasn't even going to cook it because it would be so fatty. Then a friend told us about the milk and it worked great and tasted great. (11/24/2005)

By christi

Thawing Fish

And if it's a cat fish, add plenty of salt to the cold milk and let it sit over night in the fridge to get that dirt/fishy odor/taste out, so I hear. It's been too long since I ate any, I've almost forgotten, but I believe this was the way we used to do it. God bless you. (07/25/2007)

By Lynda

Thawing Fish

Just be sure that, if you serve the food to anyone outside your household, you let people know about the milk. Milk is one of the most common food allergens. If I mistakenly ate fish that someone had thawed in milk but didn't tell me had been soaked in milk, I'd be off to the hospital at best. On a related note, I wonder if soy milk would work for this? (01/29/2009)

By sterghe

Thawing Fish
Fish Buying Tips
Fish Buying Tips
Pop bottle fish with colorful streamers for its tail.
Making Pop Bottle Fish
Two pop bottle fish hanging in a window.
Making a Pop Bottle Fish Mobile
Frying Fish Sticks
Homemade Fish Stick Recipes
🎉
🎄