The Littlest Bird Is The Loudest

Vote for this contest contender!

Photo Description
I'll have to step back into the last century to get a quip that will adequately describe this little fella. I'm sure most of you have never heard it, maybe Litter Gitter and cybergrannie. As Little Jimmy Dickens said thousands of times, 'I'm little, but I'm loud'.

This loudmouth is in my back yard all spring, summer, and fall, every year. He sings the same few notes, very loudly, hundreds of times a day, every day from sun up til sun down. I hear another wren returning each and every call. (Well, that's what I use to think till I found out there is actually only one House Wren. Somehow, it's all done with mirrors).

His wardrobe is a bit drab; but here, as he caught the beginning rays of dusk, the acute angle set his feathers ablaze. I believe the proper name for this color combination is 'Bittersweet'

And so is my side of our relationship. He is an adorable creature, for sure. And he is very sweet, but such a loudmouth. We all know somebody just like that, don't we? It's OK. I'll take the bitter with the sweet.

I tried to think of the words to describe how I felt about what you wrote but failing to come up with an apt description, I'll simply say: I loved your story. It made me smile.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thank you

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a coincidence!

My daughter and I were helping clean a church "house" yesterday and when I started to remove some "stuff" from a shelf (back porch area) out flew this beautiful little creature!

She startled me as much as I startled her but of course, she came back to her tiny little nest and no one will disturb it until she and her babies have left.

I love nature and most everything that grows and lives so I love reading your many wonderful articles and would sorely miss you if you ever decided to stop - and - I feel sure there are many readers who feel the same way.

I believe that God blesses those who love and cherish his creations.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I know what you are talking about. We have one of those that perches close to us and does his call. He is a loud one.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

All that came to mind was a song---Let's all sing like the birdies sing, tweet, tweet, tweet, tweet tweet. Let's all warble like nightingales and give our hearts a treat. forgot the rest.

Reply Like this photo? Yes