Making Three Strand Thick Crocheted Slippers
Using a half double crochet stitch and three strands of yarn you can make a pair of these child's cozy slippers. This is a guide about three strand thick crocheted slippers
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These cozy slippers are crocheted with a Q hook and 3 strands of yarn. They will fit girls size 3-4 best. If you can half double crochet, you can make these!:)
Total Time: About 1 1/2 hours
- 100 yards or less of 3 colors each, #4 worsted weight yarn
- "Q" hook
- embroidery needle for weaving in ends
- Working with your three strands, ch 3, join.
- Ch 2, 9 hdc in ring, join to your first ch 2.
- Ch 2, 1 hdc in each stitch around, join to your first ch 2.
- Repeat last row 4 times more, for a total of 6 rows up to this point. You have just made the toe area of your slipper.
- You will now make the heel area of your slipper. Ch 2, work 1 hdc in each of the next 7 stitches.
- Ch 2, turn. 1 hdc in each of the next 7 stitches.
- Repeat the last step 2 times more for a total of 4 heel rows.
- Placing the outsides of the heel together, line up the heel ends.
- Work 3 sc through both thicknesses, and fasten off.
- You will now attach your yarn with a sc at the back of the heel. Work 11 more sc around the opening for a total of 12 sc.
- Ch 1, work a sc in the NEXT stitch and each around for a total of 11 sc. Fasten off and weave in ends.
- All set.
- Stay warm.
December 15, 20150 found this helpful
I'm going to make a pair of these, my feet are always cold.
January 30, 20170 found this helpful
I'm going to try to make these slippers. They really look warm
February 24, 20170 found this helpful
Do you have this pattern in adult size (woman's)?
In This Guide