Thinner Hair After Cutting Off Perm

Category Hair Tips
A brush full of hair from hair loss.
Permanent chemicals are strong and can cause changes to your hair texture. This is a guide about having thinner hair after cutting off perm.

I am a 20 year old black male who has worn an S curl perm since I was 16/17. In February '12 I had my barber style it into an S curl Mohawk and had that up until May '13 when I retired the look and had it chopped off.

The hair on the top of my head is noticeably thinner than the rest and at first, I thought the solution was to "retrain" my hair to lie down flat again. I have been using the system 6 Nioxin treatment and as of September '13, my hair has gotten "slightly" better but is still growing thin.

I want to assert that I am "not" thinning or balding, the hair is just a little thinner. The sides and back of my head look just fine and I even have nice waves coming in, but the top just won't match! Are there any solutions to this? Any hair proteins I can take? Does Sally's have anything to help this? I look forward to hearing back from someone :/

By doctorpope181

Best Answer

If you mean that that there is less hair there, than I think that you are going bald. Sorry, but it does happen early with some guys. If you mean that the texture of your hair has changed, it just may have done. My son's hair was fairly straight as a child, but became very curly when he was about 17. Sometimes this happens, or hair goes straight when it was curly as a child. Medications can change the texture of your hair as well.

Hmmm... It does look to me like male pattern balding in the early stages. My daughter was losing hair very badly. I took her to a chiropractor, and he put her on Inositol from Standard Process. It is one of the B Vitamins. She had to take six per day for a year. Her hair came back beautifully. Interestingly, he mentioned that if men would take the Inositol, they would not lose their hair.

I do not know if it is true or not, but this man is a genius. He has a doctor of chiropractic and holds three other doctorates on top of that. He has helped me and my family many times.

If you go to the Standard Process website, you can search for a practitioner that knows how to diagnose problems and what supplements to recommend. You can also just try the Inositol and see if it helps. The doctor also said if you wait too long the hair loss will be permanent. I hope this helps.