social

Thread Breaking on Usha Janome Sewing Machine?

I have an Usha Janome sewing machine. The thread gets cut in a few stiches. Is it a problem with tension?

Advertisement

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
January 4, 20171 found this helpful

The tension may be too tight, the needle may be threaded incorrectly, the thread may be old or poor quality, or the needle may need to be changed.

Reply Was this helpful? 1

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 255 Posts
January 4, 20171 found this helpful

I would start with trying a different spool of thread. If not that, then just the tension.

Reply Was this helpful? 1
January 5, 20170 found this helpful

make sure your thread is not getting caught on the spool

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 949 Feedbacks
January 17, 20170 found this helpful

Here is some info from a Janome web site:

Why does the thread keep breaking?

The easiest first step to correct thread breakage is to snip your thread at the spool and rethread.

Advertisement

If you have different sizes of spool caps, are you using the correct size? Threads can tangle around the spool pin and snap. The spool cap helps to prevent this.

Upper thread tension could also be too tight. Try lowering the tension (lower the number).

Are there any burrs or rough spots in the needle plate from a previous needle breaking mishap? Such burrs can cause fabric snares and thread breaks. Burrs can be smoothed with an emery board or fine sand paper.

The same results can happen from a burr or other damage in the bobbin hook.

Double check that the needle size is up to the job at hand. A fine needle cannot effectively stitch denim, for example.

How is the quality of the thread being used? All threads are not created equal. Threads with excessive slubs or knots will grab and break. Inconsistent threads will have weak spots that break, as will loosely twisted threads. Use good quality thread. Your machine will not get fuzzed up and your project wont fall apart!

Advertisement

Here is their web site if you would like to read more:

www.thevillagehaberdashery.co.uk/janome-troubleshooting-faq

October 11, 20190 found this helpful

I HAVE BEEN SEWING ON MY JANOME MAGNOLIA 7330 ALL DAY. ALL OF A SUDDEN THE THREAD STARTED TO BUNCH UP THE MATERIAL. I HAVE REPLACED THE NEEDLE. UNTHREAD AND RETHREAD MACHINE. LOWERED THE TENSION, STILL DOES IT.I AM USING A SINGER BOBBIN. SAME THREAD I ALWAYS USE.

Anonymous
March 10, 20180 found this helpful

Yes

May 24, 20200 found this helpful

When I try to stitch 4 or 5 layers of cloth the upper thread break . I have Usha Janome machine .

Advertisement

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

In This Page
< Previous
Categories
Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesJanuary 4, 2017
Pages
More
🎃
Halloween Ideas!
🍂
Thanksgiving Ideas!
Facebook
Pinterest
YouTube
Instagram
Contests!
Newsletters
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Categories
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2022-10-23 14:05:39 in 1 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Thread-Breaking-on-Usha-Janome-Sewing-Machine.html