social

Thread Keeps Breaking on Singer Sewing Machine?

I have a Singer sewing machine model 1120. While I'm sewing the thread breaks. How do I fix it?

Advertisement

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
July 31, 20170 found this helpful

The upper thread tension could be set too tight. Set the tension to the best thread tension setting or less. Make sure the spool of thread is installed correctly using the correct size spool cap for the size of spool.

Here is a video to help:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThtwW7mxvjk

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

You could have old thread, or you could be using the wrong Needle for the fabric.

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 949 Feedbacks

i believe there are at least 10 different things that could be wrong as this is a common thing but not always for the same reason - the most common being tension set incorrectly - or - old thread - or - threaded incorrectly - or bobbin problem.

Advertisement

I would try looking at some of Singer's videos and if that doesn't help then contact Singer - email or telephone - they will either help you or direct you to someone who can.

You can also try talking to someone in your area that has a sewing shop - their help is usually great and they may even help you fix it. Just Google sewing shops with your zip and ask for help. Also, Jo Ann's or Michael's craft stores many times have sewing people that might help.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=azv9nSeX-20&list=PLPwBuDBdpDnrS2adhaVEtrCQ3la92sB8w

www.singerco.com/contact-us

Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts

Could it be the quality of the thread? There can be many reasons.. maybe a new needle is required? And so forth.

Reference:

www.generations-quilt-patterns.com/sewing-machine-problem.html

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 105 Posts
August 1, 20170 found this helpful

Normally the tension on your machine is set incorrectly. However, this can happen if your spool of thread is not spinning freely. Check the label on the bottom of your spool and remove it. Make sure the thread is sitting on the spool post and can spin freely.

Advertisement

Afterwards, check your thread once you have threaded your needle. Try pulling on the thread and making sure it moves freely and you can easily pull it through your needed. If the thread is hard to pull through the needle, don't force it. Remove the thread and try threading your machine again.

If this does not solve your problem you will need to adjust the tension on your machine.

Anonymous
July 13, 20190 found this helpful

I had similar problem with my thread constantly breaking. I soon learnt that using the correct needle eliminated the problem.

Try using the correct needle size for your material, it makes a huge difference.

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

In This Page
Categories
Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesJuly 30, 2017
Pages
More
👒
Mother's Day Ideas!
🌻
Gardening
👔
Father's Day Ideas!
Facebook
Pinterest
YouTube
Instagram
Categories
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2024-04-17 18:24:28 in 3 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2024 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Thread-Keeps-Breaking-on-Singer-Sewing-Machine.html