Threading a Sewing Machine Needle

Does anyone have any ideas for how to make threading a sewing machine needle easier? Thanks.

By Nancy from Longview, TX

Answers:

Threading a Sewing Machine Needle

When I am sewing I make sure I have a piece of white paper nearby that I hold in back of the needle while I run the thread through the eye of the needle. This makes the eye easier to see. (04/23/2010)

By redhatterb

Threading a Sewing Machine Needle

A small magnifying glass will help. I bought a sewing machine with an automatic threader on it, but it worked only 1 time. I guess the end that catches the thread broke off, by then the warranty was no good. Good luck. (04/23/2010)

By kffrmw88

Threading a Sewing Machine Needle

You can buy a small package of needle threaders in the sewing section. The needle threaders have a small piece of tin on the end and the other end has a looped wire. Starting at the back of your sewing machine push the wire through the eye of the needle, drop the thread through the large loop and pull the threader out from the back. Your machine is threaded. (04/23/2010)

By MCW

Threading a Sewing Machine Needle

There is a threader with a magnifying glass (plastic) attached. You can also use a candle to stiffen the thread and make it a little easier. Always clip the thread with the sharpest scissors you have as another reader stated. (04/23/2010)

By treguy