Making a Thriftstore Glass Garden Tower

Category Decorations
Making a Thriftstore Glass Garden Tower
You have probably seen these on craft sites and for sale on the internet. Several trips to the thriftstore can provide all the supplies you need to make your own unique version, except for the glue. This is a guide about making a thriftstore glass garden tower.

I have seen other examples of this type of project and wanted to create one of my own. Currently it is decorating my kitchen countertop, but will move outside into the garden when the weather improves.

Total Time: 45 minutes or so

• 1 greenish blue glass insulator
  • 1 large blue cylinder candle holder
  • 2 clear round molded glass candle holders, one smaller than the other
  • 1 purple square molded glass candle holder
  • E6000 glue

1. Wash and dry the glass pieces.
  2. Play with different stack arrangements until you find one you like.
  3. I applied glue to the bottom edge of piece number two, here a clear molded glass candleholder. Follow the instructions for your glue and allow to set up.
  4. Piece number two was positioned on the large blue cylinder candleholder and allowed to dry.
  5. While the first two pieces were drying, the insulator and the smaller clear glass candleholder were glued together and allowed to dry. Glue was applied to the bottom of the insulator and then it was placed on the candleholder.
  6. Advertisement
  7. Here are the three partially assembled sections prior to their final assembly.
  8. Next I glued the purple glass candleholder to the two base pieces. Glue was applied to the top of the purple piece, it was inverted, set in place, and allowed to dry.
  9. Advertisement
  10. Lastly, the insulator piece was glued to the top, completing the glass tower.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Photo Description
I submitted the project for making this garden decoration some time ago. Click here: Thriftstore Glass Garden Tower. I finally started to look for its outside home. I had been enjoying it on my kitchen counter through the winter.

Comment Like this photo? Yes