ThriftyFun Staff Spotlight: Lewis

ThriftyFun Staff Spotlight: Lewis

Each Friday, we have spotlighted a different staff member to introduce them to the ThriftyFun community. Thank you for letting us share a bit about the amazing people who keep this site running, week in and week out. We have reached the end of our current staff, but we have saved the best for last. This week we are featuring Lewis.

Lewis went into business with his mother, Susan and his brother, Fletcher in 1997, creating Cumuli, Inc. In 1999, ThriftyFun was launched as a place for regular people to share ideas and help each other. For years, Lewis and Susan shared all the moderation, editing and website design duties, until we had finally grown large enough to hire help. He is currently the president of Cumuli and oversees all aspects of ThriftyFun.

Lewis lives in Port Orchard, WA with his wonderful girlfriend Laurel and her two amazing children; Aiden and Avery. He enjoys music, movies and home improvement projects. Lewis is also quite a good cook and Laurel reports that he is very good at doing the dishes too.

He says "Having read nearly every tip, article and request that's been submitted on ThriftyFun over the last 10 years, I can be a fountain of both useful and useless knowledge."

Here is Lewis' profile on ThriftyFun:

If you are interested in learning more about our history, here is an article we wrote in early 2008. We have a new logo and design even from that time, and have added new features such as our videos and our Happy Pets newsletter.

Answers:

ThriftyFun Staff Spotlight: Lewis

I am so lucky to work with such wonderful family, I couldn't have found that without you! You are an amazing "boss" ;), coworker and partner! You work so hard and make so many sacrifices for this amazing business...I am so proud of you! (Your cooking and dish washing skills are fabulous too!) (02/19/2010)

By Laurel_admin

ThriftyFun Staff Spotlight: Lewis

What she said! You are the best, Lewis. I don't even mind working for my baby brother. Thanks for working so hard and giving us all this opportunity to be part of something great. (02/19/2010)

By jess

ThriftyFun Staff Spotlight: Lewis

Yay Lewis! You are awesome! I am so lucky to have such a spectacular family. I hope someday I will be able to return the help that you all have given me through out my life. Yay Family! (02/19/2010)

By stellaadmin

ThriftyFun Staff Spotlight: Lewis

Lewis is the final word for ThriftyFun. He has held this position since long before Susan passed away. Sue trusted his decision making and fiscal responsibility. Thanks, Lewis, for keeping things running smoothly, and being the special guy you are! (02/20/2010)

By Sappie

ThriftyFun Staff Spotlight: Lewis

Thanks for all you do, Lewis! :-) (02/21/2010)

By Deeli

ThriftyFun Staff Spotlight: Lewis

Thanks, Lewis! You all do such a great job. Thriftyfun is one of the very best sites on the net. Keep up the great work! (03/01/2010)

By Luvyabye

ThriftyFun Staff Spotlight: Lewis

Spot light for Susan - a great loss I lost my daughter 12years ago she would have been 30, and the pain is still there. Iam 64 and to this day I wish it were me that was gone. (03/02/2010)

By bird watcher

A solar light in a garden.
Adding Lighting to Your Garden
Beverage at Work
Saving Money on Beverages at Work
John Lewis Sewing Machine
John Lewis Sewing Machine Replacement Parts
Nursing Home Employee
Gift Ideas for Nursing Home Employees
🎄
🍂