Throw Up Smell in a Car

My little nephew was unfortunately sick in my sister's car. She cleaned the mess up immediately and has since tried a couple of different solutions to get rid of the smell, but without success. Does anyone have a simple tip to get rid of the smell?

Virginia

Best Answer

While working in a pet hospital we had tried lots of different things for odor and cleaning. The one I liked best was called Odoban. You can mix a little and spray it for an instance smell-be-gone or use it in a stronger solution for floors, laundry etc.

However the reason I love it is that my husband spilled a full glass of milk in our car seat and drove it to work (in the summer while living at the beach). I could not stand that smell. It took two treatments but worked wonderful. I get it at Sam's club in a gallon size but have found it in 16 oz sizes at pet stores, cleaning places and others. Walmart carried it at one time. Good luck.

Best Answer

Wal Mart and perhaps other stores providing goods for hunters sell scent elimination chemicals. A chemical brew designed to help hunters sneak up on hapless deer can just as easily help you kill odors. Effective? You bet! I was able to neutralize the odor of a decompsing mouse that had died in my car's air conditioning blower. Since necrosis is perhaps the most objectionably smelly natural process known to man, this is amazing.

Best Answer

Sprinkle coffee gounds (fresh) in your car--leave overnight, then vacuum. My husband worked in a distribution center and rail cars came in smelling terrible and coffee is what was used. Hope this will help.

I've found that Smells Be Gone (I buy it through our local health food store and also through RealGoods.com) really works wonders in cases like that. I have yet to try a homemade concoction, but there might be one in, for example, the Clean and Green book by Annie Berthold. Good luck!

Baking soda sprinkled on area. Let it sit, then vacuum.

I have great luck with vanilla, Just a few drops on some cotton will make the car smell nice.

How about activated charcoal. I think you can get it at a pet store.

Newsprint takes out a lot of smells. I use it when we put away our coolers after use. Simply pack the newsprint on area affected an leave for day or two.

stale milk on carpet in car

A child who is suffering from motion sickness.
Removing Vomit Smell from a Car
Home and Garden Cleaning AutoDecember 5, 2000
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
big cat in a car
Removing Cat Urine Smell From Car Interior
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
🎉
🎄