Throwing a Princess Theme Party

My daughter is turning 2 in august and loves many characters on TV. So I really don't have any specific character theme for the party. I thought maybe a Princess theme because she always loves to dress up and have a purse. Any ideas would be nice.

Clari from Laredo, TX

Answers:

Throwing a Princess Theme Party

For table decoration it would be cute to use dressy purses as your food containers, to serve like wrapped candies or even pretzels. You can line the purse first with a large opened Ziplock bag or line with colorful napkins. (06/29/2008)

By theseamstress

Throwing a Princess Theme Party

Check out your dollar store, ours sells feather boas, crowns, sparkly purses, wands, fancy slippers, bracelets, and necklaces, and kids make-up, really cheaply. Get a couple of Rubbermaid bins from Walmart, fill them with "princess clothes", brightly coloured dresses from a thrift shop and your dollar store purchases and have a fashion show.

Most people have digital cameras. Ask someone to bring theirs, if you don't have one, take lots of "poses" of the "fashion models", print some up on your computer, or at Walmart, cheap, and send the "portraits" to the guests with a thank you note for the gifts they bring for the birthday girl. I did this for my granddaughter one year. It was a huge success and they still play dress up with all the cool stuff in the "princess trunks". Every time I go to the dollar store I top up the "trunks" with a few items. My granddaughter loves bringing her friends to grandma's house. (06/30/2008)

By catastrofy

Throwing a Princess Theme Party
Museum Themed Party
Throwing Museum Themed Party
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Princess Amidala (Star Wars) Costume
little girl dressed as a princess
Making a Princess Costume
Little girl at her princess themed birthday party.
Planning a Princess Theme Party
🎉
🎄