Tigger's Tomato and Turkey Jerky

With all the recent problems with pet foods, I like to make my cat her own treats. This is tasty and fairly easy to make, but most of all, you know what's in it. She loves this one and the brewer's yeast is good for repelling fleas.

• 1 lb ground turkey (or chicken)
  • 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
  • 1/2 tsp.garlic powder
  • 2 tsp. brewer's yeast

Directions:

Preheat oven to 120 degrees F or whatever your lowest setting is. Combine all ingredients and mix well.

Line a jelly roll pan (cookie sheet with sides) with foil and spread meat mixture on it. Flatten with hands to about 1/4 inch thick.

Place in oven, propping open the door a crack with a wooden spoon so the moisture escapes.

Bake about 2 hours or until meat is quite dry.

Remove from oven, place another sheet of foil over the top of the first one. Grasping both sheets of foil(with oven mitts please!), flip the meat over and peel the foil off the top.

Place the new foil with meat on it on the pan again and put back in the oven, again propping the door open with spoon.

Bake for another 1-2 hours. Jerky looks red and dry, a lot like jerky made for people when done.

Servings: lots
Time:10 Minutes Preparation Time
4 Hours Cooking Time

Source: I have had it so long I forgot where I got it.

By Thriftmeg

Peppered turkey jerky.
Turkey Jerky Recipes
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
A cooked turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in a Slow Cooker (Crockpot)
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup
Hamburger Jerky Recipes
Hamburger Jerky Recipes
🎉
🎄