Tinkerbell (Calico Cat)

Tinkerbell is a 6 year old cat, who I got 7 years ago. My husband and I were in a real bad accident. I was mostly bedridden for 2 years. During that time, I spent 24 hours a day in a 10x10 foot room with a window.

One day, I got a call from a friend asking if could I come catch some kittens. My husband and I went to the motel and tried to catch the mama and 5 kittens from under a dumpster before the trash truck came. I succeeded in only catching one little motley calico kitten, that bit me promptly for doing so. I wrapped her in a towel and brought her home.

I put her in a small cat carrier with a little litter box in it, she was only about 6 inches long, and put her on the table beside my bed.

That night, I fed her in her box with her hissing at me. The next morning, she was quieter, so I opened up the door and she came out on the bed. The first 6 months of her life was spent never getting off that bed. One day, she figured out how to get off the bed. Wherever I went, she went in the house. When I got where I could get up more, she got up with me.

Once again I am bedridden, for 3 months this time, and my Tinkerbell is on my bed watching over me. When I go to the bathroom or living room, Tinkerbell goes to keep watch. I have 3 other cats in the house, but her spot on the bed they all know belongs to her alone.

Her favorite food is yogurt, doesn't matter the flavor. Other than that, she will only eat dry food. She plays with the door knob toys, but mostly stays with me. She is content not to be held, but just likes to sit next to me and get petted.

Sadly Tinkerbell was the only one saved out of her family that day.

By knettles from Folkston, GA

Thank you for posting this! It's a really good story, the kind that gives the rest of us hope for good things. What a wonderful cat, with a wonderful owner.

Thank you for posting this! It's a really good story, the kind that gives the rest of us hope for good things. What a wonderful cat, with a wonderful owner. It got my vote.

How sweet. I have never seen a cat eat yogurt.. that is adorable :)

A wonderful story, but one thing is confusing ... how did you get a 6 year old cat, 7 years ago?! :) One of my cats loves yogurt too. It helped to bring her back once, when she was very close to dying. I got her to lick a little vanilla yogurt and also olive oil. It kept her going until the meds kicked in. I hope Tinkerbell is around a long time to keep you happy and comfortable.

A wonderful story from a wonderful "cat person". Tinker Bell looks precious on your bed. I presently have 3 cats. Mr. Kitty arrived at our home before Christmas 2002. He was eating bird seed out of a bird feeder. He is a Maine Coon Cat and very loving. He arrived after a 13 inch snowstorm and hung around in the garage while my husband was working. He is so beautiful and kind he won our hearts. The other cat that I had then was lovely and weighed only 5 1/2 lbs. from the time we got her. She was not overly affectionate to anything with 4 legs. They got along fine and when she passed away he was my companion. I finally went to the shelter to get a companion for him and of course I was talked into 2 instead of 1. But that's another story. From the "Artistic Cat"

That was a great story but should you have gotten out of bed that day? At least you have a bed companion to keep you company. I'm sure he's made you smile many times over the years. :)

Tinkerbell is just the most perfect name for a calico kitty girl. She sounds very much like our kitty who always is with my hubby or me when we're sick and having to stay in bed. He'll stay right with us night and day, and is just the best "nurse" we know.

It's wonderful to hear about how you were able to save her too. Sorry that the others were not. Poor little things. We're wishing you and Tinkebell many happy years together and that you are fully recovered from being so ill.

Pookarina

Sorry about the booboo on the years I looked it up after I finished and found the date wrong and changed I thought all of it. She learned to eat thrown away food from a dumpster so she will eat veggies too. Not much on meat but checks out everything else.

Pets Pet PagesJune 5, 2011
Tinkerbell Costume
Making a Tinkerbell Costume
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
Calico Cat
Calico Breed Information and Photos
mixed beans
Calico Beans Recipes
🎄
🍂