Tiny Black Biting Bugs in Bed

For a while, I've been getting a bunch of bites all over my body and they itch a lot. I think I have over 50 now. I searched through my bed and found tiny black dot looking bugs. When I crushed it blood came out. What are they? Bed bugs, fleas? I also have a cat and he had fleas.

By Grace

I don't know what kind of bugs they are but this is what I would do: In the morning, strip your bed of sheets, blankets and pillowcases. Then spray your bed and your pillows with raid. Be sure to get both sides of the pillows. Wash all your bedding in hot water. In the evening time, after the smell of the raid has calmed down, vaccuum your bed thoroughly, then put clean bedding back on. I don't recommend this if you have small children or pets though, unless you can close the door and make sure that they cannot get into the room. I wouldn't want a child or pet to breathe in raid.

If your bites are on your upper body and in a straight line, I'm afraid they might be bedbugs. Look in the seams of your mattress (on the edges of it). Also, on your sheets you'll see black dots which they leave. If they are bedbugs, you might be better off getting a professional exterminator to get rid of them. They are not easy to eliminate.

For bedbugs I recommend you bin mattresses/pillows/any old clothes. Hoover, hot wash carpets, hot wash covers, curtains, cushions etc. Tumble dry all clothing, wash everything over with alcoholic wipes cds/books etc. Do not forget pictures and mirrors. Buy the sprays and the powder.

NB - watch out for the 'bombs' they can make the little critters run for their lives, only to return when the coast is clear, so only use with sprays and powders. I now also salt around the rooms and hairspray the beds etc. Plus double sided tape around mattresses which I check even now... years later and reapply every so often and cover them in plastic.

If you see flat looking bugs NOT only in beds. They will come when your breathing relaxes, so give sofas a hot clean too. They bite, well feed, which fill them up and they then look fat, if you squash and red comes out or you have dark red circles left on sheets PLUS small round red bite marks in a line or cluster then you will probably have bed bugs.

In yje UK council will come out for around 200 and spray ,then come back a while later to check, but they are very hard to get rid of. I for one got new beds-metal ones. I read bed bugs cannot climb metal. Sounds crazy I know, but you can have no idea what it really feels like to be infested with these nasty things unless you have. I had many many sleepless nights, and months and months of checking everything. Hopefully though all my quick eradication effects have been fruitful.

Also seal of cracks around the rooms, and floorboards etc, btw, cats will detect bugs,and mine anyway will give off a strange noise if they do detect something. She goes into hunt mode! I also always spray if I bring in a new item to house, (not new especially - but these things also like to hang out in cardboard!). So it has just become part of normal cleaning routine. Just in case any have remained dormant ,which they can do for some time.

I love your post everything you said is true! But try this for bed bugs .....take a spray bottle of alcohol and dont add anything to it. Saturate every place in your house! I mean every thing! Becareful of delicate stuff! Also the cheapest fast way...HOT SPOT BED BUGS AND FLEAS! DO your bed your sheets the mattress! PULLING up turn them over to every place you can think of if you see one spray it you will watch it die instantly WITH THE ALCOHOL . Bed bugs can not stand alcohol rubbing clear alcohol. It dries them and their bodies completely out they died immediately. REALLY before your eyes! I hope this works for you it works for us at the hospital !!! Most exterminators won't tell you this! Good luck and you can use it on anything you know just be careful of those delicate clothing and stuff like that! Also spray work bags, book bags, cars, coats!

Try (ECO SMART, home pest control) which has Clove Oil, Peppermint Oil, and I can't think of the other 3. It comes in a gallon white jug with a Lime green Pump sprayer. It doesn't say it KILLS BEDBUGS, but they HATE IT, as for fleas (I ran out when our problems started).

I worked and lived in a shelter and used this on mattresses for 5 years. It works! It repels as well as kills on contact very important. It's the peppermint, cloves in it that bed bugs can't stand (they will literally crawl away from it). If there are not fleas or springtails who are signs of a leaking pipe probably inside the walls.

I have the Same thing, I thought they were fleas, because when u treat a Floor or Carpet they tend to cling to the baseboard to escape the chemical.

I am so grateful for this I barely found this column after 1 year of fighting this tiny black bugs. I had to throw away my bed my clothes well most of them and now I am spraying everything and laughing. I feel good someone like you just made me feel so important. At Last I have sighed. Thank You so much. I need to get back to spraying. I will say a prayer because I have been searching forever. Virginia

What did you do for this problem and did it help??

Itching from a bug bite.
Identifying Little Black Biting Bugs
Home and Garden Pest Control BugsNovember 9, 2013
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Identifying Little Biting Bugs
Identifying Little Biting Bugs
Tiny Orange Bug
Getting Rid of Tiny Orange Biting Bugs
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 15, 2017 at 3:48:47 PM on 10.0.1.23 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.