Tiny Brown Flying Insects

I too, have been having trouble with the little brown flying bugs in my house. Recently, I purchased a new refrigerator. When we removed my old one, I am embarrassed to say, that the back was full of dust and it was damp. The tray underneath looked to have green stuff growing in it. Since removing the old refrigerator, my bug problem has disappeared. We know these "beetle" type bugs like water and moisture. Make sure to look for any source that is wet.

By Cecilia from GA

Answers:

Tiny Brown Flying Insects

Google Weevils to see a picture to identify them. These are small bugs that hatch from eggs (naturally found in flour or grains). Then get a couple boxes of baking powder and many Ziplock bags. Remove everything from your pantry or cabinets. Vacuum thoroughly and wipe clean with mild soap and water and household disinfectant to remove any eggs. Before putting anything back, spread baking powder on the shelves. It clogs their pores and prevents them from breathing. Examine every box, bag, or container in your pantry and anywhere in your house including pet food, spices (some spices have grain products in them to prevent clumping), No Salt, cereal, anything powdered etc. for any signs of entry. Throw out the product if there are any weevil entry signs (small holes) or if you are uncertain.

Any product which does not show signs of entry should be put in a Ziplock bag not only to protect it from any weevils that get overlooked (you'll find them all over the house), but also to prevent any from getting out if you don't notice a sign of entry. Don't forget your flour canister. My father's flour canister was almost mistaken for coffee, because it was completely filled with dead bug bodies. Be diligent and do this every month or couple of months until they are gone. High humidity levels in a house provide the perfect environment for the eggs to hatch. When you bring home grain products including cornmeal put it in the freezer overnight to kill any bugs and their eggs. Good luck. (05/27/2009)

By mariachamlin

RE: Tiny Brown Flying Insects

Tiny Brown Flying Insects
swarm of mosquitos
Getting Rid of Flying Insects
bug spray
Identifying Flying Insects
Lady Bug on a Green Leaf
Identifying Beneficial Garden Insects
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🎉
🎄