Tips For Unclogging Drains

Does anyone know how to clean up the clogged drain in the kitchen and laundry room without calling Roto Rooters?

Yuliya from Minneapolis, MN

Answers:

Tips For Unclogging Drains

Prevention is the number one thing that I use for keeping my drains clear. If someone in my house manages to get a drain stopped up, then I use a plunger first. If that doesn't work, then I dump some baking soda down the drain, followed by vinegar. This creates a wonderful fizzing reaction, that usually does the trick. Flush with clear water afterward.
If you STILL have a problem, you could try a snake, or disconnect the pipes, and see if you can find the clog. Good luck. (09/22/2008)

By heaven4441

Tips For Unclogging Drains

I've just recently tried the vinegar & baking soda method and had much success. Give it a try. (09/23/2008)

By Alexander D

Tips For Unclogging Drains

If it is a slow drain, not one that's completely clogged, my plumber told me to try plain old bleach. It worked like magic in my bathtub! He told me he uses the lemon-scented kind in his own house because of the smell and it will not hurt your pipes, regardless of whether you have an older or newer home. He even dumps it down all the drains every other month or so as preventive maintenance. He said it's cheaper and works just as good as the name-brand stuff. (09/24/2008)

By youngster8

Tips For Unclogging Drains

I received a DrainStick (www.drainstick.com) as a gift last year. I haven't had a clogged or slow drain since.

Hope this helps!
-Matt (09/30/2008)

By Matt

Tips For Unclogging Drains
kitchen sink
Unclogging a Garbage Disposal
clogged toilet
Unclogging a Drain or Toilet Attached to a Septic System
Hair Clogging Drain
Preventing Clogged Drains
kitchen drain
Gurgling Drains
🎉
🎄