Tips and Recipes For Imitation Crab

We like the taste of imitation crab. One of our local stores sells packages of it for $1.00 for a 12 oz. or so package. We buy several packages at a time and freeze them till ready to use. Sure makes for a cheap meal.

One dish that I make with it is Crab Salad (mayo, chopped celery, some seasoning: your choice, maybe some pickle relish, no certain amounts, just till it looks and tastes good). Don't overly mix or your imitation crab won't stay in chunks. Chill till ready to serve. I serve it with saltine crackers. You can put it over a bed of lettuce and serve with other salad fixin's.

I make another dish, that's ready in just a few minutes, it's one of my fastest meals (when in a hurry): I'll pull the imitation crab apart, toss in a heated non-stick skillet with a dab of butter and a lot of dried dill and lemon pepper. Heat quickly, toss till a little browned and serve (this one can be made and served in no time hardly at all.) Both these dishes are quick to make.

Source: The crab salad recipe I got from an ex-co-worker, whose brother worked in a restaurant (she just gave me a list of the ingredients, not the measurements). The last recipe, I thought up myself.

By Terri from NV

Tips and Recipes For Imitation Crab

I like the flaked imitation crab meat on nacho chips. Or if you have the sticks, cut them into small pieces. Distribute the meat evenly over nacho chips. Then your favorite shredded cheese (cheddar, colby jack, mozzarella) on top and lightly melt on a lower power in the microwave. Do not over cook. The cheese gets hard, mmm good. Seafood Nachos. (05/27/2008)

Tips and Recipes For Imitation Crab

I cook Spaghetti until done. Set aside. Saute chopped onions and green pepper until soft. Add garlic chopped fine. Add imitation crab meat chopped up to pan. Warm ingredients and put in baking dish. Put in 350 oven for 10 minutes. Then sprinkle on Mozzerella cheese and brown. Delicious. (05/27/2008)

By Marjorie

Tips and Recipes For Imitation Crab

I make a seafood salad with the crab meat. I use two packages of the imitation crab and put it in a bowl. Add:

• 1 cup diced celery
  • 1 can black olives drained
  • 1 small bottle of Spanish olives
  • salt
  • garlic powder to taste
  • canola oil
  • lemon juice to your taste

My family really likes this dish. I sometimes put in small shrimp. (05/27/2008)

By Tina

Tips and Recipes For Imitation Crab

Here is my super simple recipe for imitation crab meat.

• One package of the imitation crab
  • One can of sloppy Joe sauce
  • Dice up crab meat and mix with sloppy Joe sauce

Heat in a sauce pan on medium heat until bubbly.
Serve on hoagie buns with chips.
We love it.

Idea came from Oprah show they had barbecued cat fish sandwich. They used catfish because it was a firm fish

By Joe

Tips and Recipes For Imitation Crab

Mmm this is a great snack.
What I do.
Buy one package of imitation crab. Open package. Take a piece out. Put in mouth, chew and swallow. Yum. (07/17/2008)

Imitation Crab Cakes
Recipes Using Imitation Crab
Crab Quiche
Crab Quiche Recipes
Crab au gratin being spooned out of a casserole dish
Crab Bake Recipe
Crab Salad Recipes
Crab Salad Recipes
Crab Cake Recipes
Crab Cake Recipes