Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Tips for Downloading Music

You don't have to wait or leave home to find and buy your favorite music files on the internet. This guide contains tips for downloading music.

I want to download music and someone told me about Bear Share, then another person said I would get all kinds of viruses if I did use Bear Share. Does anyone download music? If you do what do you use?

By notwrong

I download music all the time. I find what I want on Pirate Bay http://thepiratebay.org/ and I use a program called BitTorrent to download them. Do a search on Bit Torrent and you will find a tutorial about Torrent files and somewhere you can download BitTorrent I'm sure.

Good Luck

Free MP3 Converters: http://www.goog  er+free+download

I download music from Amazon.com and have had really good luck with them. Sometimes you can even just download 1 song, rather than the whole album. The price may have gone up; but the last time I used them, it was about 99 cents for 1 song and about $6 or $7 for an entire album. Good luck!

I use itunes, it is 99 cents a song and about 7 to 10 dollars for a whole CD. I like them very much. There are no viruses. I know people that use bear share and they get so many viruses from them because you are allowing people access to your hard drive. If they have viruses now, you have one. I will not use them or any like them. I will only use ones that you pay for because it is illegal to use the other ones and I do not want to steal. I make and sell soap. I would not want someone to steal from me. I work hard at what I do and I am sure that the artists work hard as well and deserve to be paid for that.

I for years used 'Kazaa Lite' I am not the tween, teen or savvy twentysomething kids who grew up on such instant music, so I trusted this site. It gave me such a virus that I had to take my computer to Geek Squad to have them re do everything. My motherboard and hard drive were zapped. Not sure if Kazaa did it, but it happened not too long after I d/l a lot of songs off that site.

Well, that got me thinking. I want to expand my library, download music, but do it the right way. After a bit of looking and googling, I now belong to two clubs: Emusic, and Napster. Napster has gone legit. Emusic's monthly rates vary, you can download as little as 5 or so a month to over 100 for various charges. They also have audio books. (the audio books have the same choices as music, you can download a little or a lot for a sliding monthly scale).

Napster has the better choice musically, but I used my 60 downloads. (60 dollars a year, 60 downloads, and when you run out, you can purchase cards at a store or purchase albums online that will be charged to your c/c that you have registered with them.) I bought an album I have been wanting for under ten that goes for almost twice that in the stores, if you can find it.

So, stay away from those 'free' sites. Go with what is reputable, look for the BBB (better business bureau) logo somewhere on their site, and sometimes the things that are free tend to cost the most.

Good luck.

Peace

KLS

November 24, 2008 Flag

What are the best sites to download music and videos for an MP3?

Joseph from Boulder, CO

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

For music, I like amazon.com. They're not free but the prices are pretty good (89-99 cents for each song; about $8 for a whole CD). I know there are some other sites but don't know anything about them other than I've heard some are safe and some aren't (virus, malware, etc.); I think amazon's safe.

Walmart has a lot of MP3 music too.

My son used "MP3ROCKET", I think it was like $35 for unlimited downloads and only a one time charge for this. We had gone with Rhapsody before, and it was not only a $15 charge a month, but $1 per song that was downloaded.

I like I-tunes. You only pay for what you download. If I remember correctly it's 99 cents for most songs. I go months at a time without buying anything, so I prefer this site.

Amazon is the one I use nowadays. It's a subscription free service, as Lynn said you have to pay per song, but they also have sales on digital albums so you can download an entire album for $5. Also, unlike iTunes, the files are in MP3 format so if you don't have an iPod, you don't have to convert the songs to mp3 format. Amazon is constantly adding material to their site so I check back their all the time.

January 16, 2007 Flag

I need to find instrumental music that I can download for my Sunday School class. I thought maybe karaoke music might do. Are there any sites that do this? I don't want to buy a CD or anything pre-made. I have specific songs we are trying to learn and we don't always have music.

Thanks in advance!!

Brenda from PTC, GA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Karaoke music is almost always for $ - but you can download music & words on sites &they could learn it by ear....then there is lots of free sacred/hymn music

Is there a member of your church or music minister who could play these so you can make a recording. It shouldn't take them more than a few minutes of time.

If you google the name of your song and MIDI you may find an instrumental arrangement. Midi files must be played on your computer (or a keyboard with a way to input ie floppy drive etc) but can be recorded from the computer.

If you are looking for something that is under copyright you will probably have to pay.

Also try Sibeliusmusic.com for arrangements and original worship music (as well as much other!)

Computers Internet Tips MusicDecember 14, 2013
Closeup of a woman playing keyboard
Saving Money on Music Lessons
Bride and Groom Planning Wedding Music
Saving Money on Wedding Music
Dracula and a witch dancing.
Halloween Music Ideas
Sheet Music
Uses for Old Sheet Music
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 28, 2017 at 8:10:36 AM on 10.0.1.220 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.