Tips for Faster Bed Making

I have a few tips to making beds faster and simpler.

1. I have a double bed and buy queen size sheets and covers, with the deep pockets. I stretch them over both sets of mattress!

2. I fold my bedspreads/comforters in half, and sew a button in the middle of both top and bottom, makes it easier to have sides the same length.

Another tip for curtains. I like to find the simple, easy way to do things, if possible. For instance, I use a silver shower pole with silver rings, attached to a liner and cloth shower curtain, to match the room window they go in. In my apartment they are just the perfect length. My bedroom gets sun early in the day and I have a navy window liner/cloth curtain that gives me total darkness. Why pay for expensive curtains?

By flitterbug from Ontario, Canada

Answers:

Tips for Faster Bed Making

I like the idea of keeping the bedroom dark. Good thrifty thinking. (08/12/2009)

By merlene

Tips for Faster Bed Making

Navy window liner? I'd like to get one but don't really know what that is.
Is it specifically called that? (08/13/2009)

By lrrn567

Tips for Faster Bed Making

For my queen size bed I found that the corners of the sheets were always coming loose during the night. So I got some of those elastic things that have the clips on either end that you clip on the sheet at the corners. Well, this didn't really do the trick either. So I took and cut the clips off leaving just about 2 inches of the elastic still attached to each one. I ended up with 8 clips. Then I sewed the clip to the bottom side of the mattress, going in about 4 inches or so with each one. I put them at about the same spots where they were before I cut the clips (either side of each corner). Now when I put the fitted sheet on I clip it to each clip. It holds the sheet in place nicely till I'm ready to wash and change sheets. No more bunched up bottom sheets! (08/13/2009)

By Cricketnc

Tips for Faster Bed Making

Those are some awesome ideas and I especially like the "sheets bigger than your bed" idea. I just may borrow it!
God Bless, Sheila in Decatur, IL (08/19/2009)

By GrammySheila

Girl Making Her Bed
Bed Making Tips
Bedspring Santa
Making a Bed Spring Santa
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Iron Framed Bed
Fixing a Squeaky Bed
package with a featherbed topper
Using A Featherbed Topper
🎉
🎄