Finding the End of Tape

There are a few ways to keep track of where to start the tape. This guide contains tips for finding the end of tape.

August 20, 2010 Flag

To keep from losing the end of postage tape, place a paper clip on the sticky side of the tape just below where you are making the cut. Store the tape with the paper clip, and you are ready to go next time you need to use the tape. The paper clip is easy to pull off and thick enough to keep from losing the end of the tape.

By hate litter from NC

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Top Comment

The paper clip is the first thing I got my hands on when this idea popped into my head. A popsicle stick works even better. You just need something to hold that tape up so when you make the cut, the tape won't fall back down and stick.

In the past I have held it with my finger, then folded a corner on the end but my problem was sometimes I would lose the end before I could make the fold.

Top Comment

I use a single edge razor blade to keep the end of the tape easily available and then the tape can be cut without hunting up scissors! (Not good for young kids.)

Top Comment

I learned the fold over trick eons ago when I worked in an industrial shop. We used all kinds of tapes (duct, teflon, electrical, etc) and the guys were strict about it. Anyone who forgot was ragged unmercifully LOL. Doubt they would have changed and I am too old to now but I like your paper clip idea. :)

March 3, 2015 Flag

I don't know if anyone does this already but I discovered something that helps me tremendously! Put a paper clip at the start of the tape. When you need some, take your length and then put the paper clip in place before tearing it off. Now you'll always know where the end is, no more turning and turning and searching. :)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 3 Comments

July 13, 2016 Flag

Take an old credit card or hotel key, cut it 1/2 inches and use as a tongue to secure the tape from sticking to itself. You will be able to use the plastic tongue to pull the tape out easily.

Credit Card for Loose Tape End

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 27, 2016 Flag

Finding the end of a roll of tape sometimes would consume too much of your time. I have tried folding the end so that it won't stick back as you roll it, but still forget to do that after using the tape. So, I searched on Google and found this very quick and easy way to mark it.

A marked roll of tape, ready for next time.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 14, 2016 Flag

Have you ever spent too much time looking for the end of your tape roll, very frustrating! Just break a bread tag in half or use a paper clip and attach on to the end of the tape roll, no more hassles.

Bread Tag To Mark End of Tape Roll

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 11, 2010 Flag

Need help finding the end of packaging/scotch tape? Place a toothpick under the end. It will be easy to remove and replace with no tape wasted.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 24, 2009 Flag

If you find it hard to locate the end on packing or strapping tape, place a thin ribbon or string under the last portion where you removed tape from roll.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Organizing MiscellaneousOctober 17, 2012
Duct Tape
Making Duct Tape Clothes
Duct Tape
Removing Duct Tape From Carpet
Making a Duct Tape Bow
Making a Duct Tape Bow
duct tape flip flops
Making Duct Tape Flip Flops
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 8:57:35 AM on 10.0.0.74 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.