Sending Get Well Cards

Category Friendship
Man in Hospital With Get Well Card
When some one you know is in the hospital or recovering from an illness, you want them to know you are thinking of them. This guide contains tips for sending get well cards.

Our local Bon Secours Hospitals have a website and an area you can click on to send an email greeting to a patient. The email goes to the Volunteer Office, where they print it on a colorful paper and deliver to the patient. Patients love these. It's something different and you save expense of a card and stamp.

When I send get well cards to friends in the hospital, I use their home address as the return in case my card should get there after their release. This way, it still makes it to them without anyone having to look it up.

By Barbara

I am looking for ideas to put in get well cards, other than bookmarks. I have lost a button blessing poem that you could attach a pretty button to. This was just right for mailing. In the meantime I need to find an idea for just a little something extra that would not be a problem in mailing. Something quick and easy to make. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks for any help.

By Naomi from SE IA

A pretty hankie. I have seen different places where a person can still buy pretty ladies hankies. Find a really neat "thinking of you poem and type it up on a piece of colored printer paper, and then in some scrapbooking departments you can find a booklet about the size of a notebook, that has all different styles and sizes of frames in it that you punch out. You could then cut the paper the poem is on to the right size and glue it to the back of the frame and stick that in the card. Google free craft patterns and you might come across something easy to make and that isn't too spendy.

Thanks for the good ideas. I'll be keeping my eyes open for hankies.

Naomi

I have used business cards that I typed my self that say -- "HUGS" or some such. This is a hug from me, now you pass on the card to another who needs a hug...something like that.

How about crochet doilies, a package of flower seeds, pictures, coupons, postage stamps or stamped postcards the recipient could send out, paper menus from favorite eating places, a homemade jigsaw puzzle out of paper that can be put together and has a message on it or picture cut into pieces to assemble? That's all I can think of. Good luck.