Toddler Water Play Ideas

Category Activities
Toddler Water Play Ideas
Kids love to play in and with water. This is a guide about toddler water play ideas.

With our recent hot weather, I was looking for ways to entertain my son and keep him cool at the same time. All of these ideas were a hit with him!

I filled a large pot with some water and gave him a spoon and some small plastic bowls. He started out splashing the water with his hands, but by the end he had tried standing in it and had even put his head into the water. :)

Another thing that he enjoys is playing with ice cubes on the table. It is a little less messy than the pot of water and can entertain him for quite awhile.

He also really likes squirt bottles. He enjoys being spritzed with water and also likes to squirt water into his mouth.

Do you have any fun activities to keep kids cool in the summer?

My son's obsessed with using spray bottles, but I can't always find helpful things for him to do with them (like watering plants). So today I offered him a bowl to spray the water into. It captivated his attention for quite awhile and then he grabbed a few trucks to play with in the water too. I placed everything on a towel and there was almost no mess to clean up later. When the weather warms up a bit, he will have a lot more options outside for using his beloved spray bottle!