Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Toilet Bowl Cleaners

Finding the most effective cleaner makes this job easier. This guide is about toilet bowl cleaners.

October 5, 2010 Flag

To clean stains from the toilet bowl, drop 1 or 2 denture cleaners in and allow to sit overnight.

By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

When cleaning out my moms bathroom cabinet I came across an old packet of denture tabs. Rather than toss them I popped two in the toilet & was pleasantly surprised how well they worked even in cold water. Now I use them all the time between cleanings & they do a good job keeping the toilet fresh.

God Bless.

Trish in CT

October 20, 2010 Flag

I had really bad vertical rust stains in my bathroom sink from the top opening. I searched for answers online and came across one on this website and was about to try it when when a friend suggested I use Lysol in the 'bottle neck' blue/white toilet bowl cleaner. I knew I had this., so I grabbed it and sure enough it says right on there Disinfectant, Power Toilet Bowl Cleaner, Kills Germs, Removes Tough Rust and Mineral Stains. I poured it on and waited 10 minutes. It worked like a charm and having the product on hand made it even nicer.

Source: my friend Stacei, Lysol Disinfectant Power Toilet Bowl Cleaner

By FrugalbyChoice5 from Grove City, OH

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 6, 2010 Flag

Since I didn't have toilet bowl cleaner today, I used tub and shower cleaner with great result! I suspect it is like many other things that are sold under different brand names, but are made by the same manufacturer.

By desertgal from Phoemix, AZ

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 10, 2008 Flag

I have a porcelain toilet bowl and we have well water. I read the replies on here about pumice stones but won't they hurt the porcelain bowl? My bowl has a light stain to it. What about Bon Ami or Comet?

Matt from PA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would try Lime Away or CLR first. I think pumice would scratch porcelain over time.

Try Bar Keepers Friend (it's in the cleaning aisle by the Comet). It takes all kinds of stains off my porceain sink.

Buy a bottle of "the works" from the dollar store. We have well water that has lime in the water. Thats what has worked very well for me. Shonda from Western Ky

The works, I agree completely! It's at Wal-mart. That mixed w/the toilet wand scrubbers works very well.

bar keepers friend is better than comet and like products anyday.

if that doesn't work: pour 1/2 cup white vinegar in bowl, close top, and leave over night. flush then if still stained scrub.

also, pouring 1/2 cup white vinegar into the tank, before bed, helps to kill bacteria,mold, mildew, etc. which leaves stains

Personally speaking, I would not use anything with chemicals in it to clean a toilet, clothing or a sink if the house is on a well system because it goes into the septic tank and will contaminate the land filtering the water as well as insects and other wildlife. Good old fashioned vinegar and baking soda work very well after it is let to sit for a while, then use a toilet bowl brush. There are many gentle cleansers that will do the trick of cleaning anything if we want to take the time to discover what they are. There are many enviromentally friendly cleansers on the market these days and many recipes online to make ourselves which saves money as well.( no pun intended :))

Sincerely

Mee

November 29, 2012 Flag

What "in the bowl" cleaner is really good with less elbow grease? You know the type, "just drop in in".

Thanks.

By Sandy from New Orleans, LA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 26, 2012 Flag

What is a good toilet bowl cleaner to just leave in the tank?

By Nolasandy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 5, 2010 Flag

As Seen on TV - I watched a home cleaning show where they used denture tablets to clean a really filthy toilet. One day at a yard sale I saw a new box of denture cleaning tablets for 50 cents and thought, why not buy them to try in my toilets, though mine are never as bad as the one on the show. I dropped a couple of them into the toilets at home, waited for them to dissolve, and was pleasantly surprised to find out how easily the toilet cleaned - almost no elbow grease. I probably wouldn't buy the tablets at the drug store, but for a yard sale find, they were a great purchase.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

Answers:

Denture Tablets for Toilet Cleaning

Also good to clean out vases which are too small to get into otherwise. (09/26/2008)

By

Denture Tablets for Toilet Cleaning

Many dollar stores sell denture tablets. (09/26/2008)

By momma30

Denture Tablets for Toilet Cleaning

They work well on coffee or tea stained mugs, too. (09/27/2008)

By sbaum

Denture Tablets for Toilet Cleaning

Also work in coffee pots and thermoses (09/28/2008)

By wvrdnkwmn

Denture Tablets for Toilet Cleaning

Great ideas! Thanks! (09/28/2008)

By Susan

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomDecember 3, 2012
Cleaning a white toilet.
Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner Recipes
"The Works" Toilet Bowl Cleaner
"The Works" Toilet Bowl Cleaner Reviews
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 23, 2017 at 3:03:43 AM on 10.0.2.245 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.