Toilet Planter

We are replacing a leaking toilet. I would like some suggestions as to how to "recycle" the old, but clean and stain free, toilet into my garden. I can't make drainage holes in the tank without breaking it. What kinds of plants would you guys recommend that won't drown during our heavy rain storms? I am "creating" a cute outhouse theme corner with a scarecrow and an old wooden door.

By catastrofy from Winnipeg, Canada

Answers:

Toilet Planter

It should already have drainage holes in the tank top & bottom (where the water comes in & goes out).

If it has no holes (which I kinda doubt) it's very, very hard to drill through glazed ceramics. (I'm a potter by trade). You'd need a diamond bit & water to cool it. The bit will slip around! I wouldn't even attempt it myself. Sorry. You could take it to a glass or mirror shop & have them drill it for you.

Also, in Canada it my break from freezing in the winter. I'd be best to cover it in the fall before it freezes. (07/28/2009)

By Cyinda

Toilet Planter

I am having the same problem as one of the older posts. The tank is draining, but the bowl is filling up and staying full! As of now, I have marigolds in the tank, with a small sign that reads, "Stop and smell the roses", and miniature poppies in the bowl, with a small sign that reads, "Welcome to our funny farm" with a scarecrow leaning against the wall beside the "commode" and an old satellite dish connected to an old T.V. by a rope, in front of the "commode". It looks cute and funny, and my back door friends also love it, but I think the bowl is too wet for the poppies. Anyone know of any plants that don't mind having their feet wet all the time? (07/28/2009)

By catastrofy

Toilet Planter
Garden: Toilet Planter
Making a Toilet Planter
Making a Toilet Planter
Geraniums in old wheelbarrow planter.
Making a Wheelbarrow Planter
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 4:35:15 PM on 10.0.1.54 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.