Toilet Planter

I put our old toilet out to plant stuff in this summer (nobody wants it). But I noticed after the 3 days of hard rain the toilet part is half full of water. How can I make sure it drains somehow? The back part drains out of the bottom, but the seat part looks like it could root rot anything I put in there. It's half full of water.

Hardiness Zone: 5b

Lily from South Bend, IN

Answers:

Toilet Planter

That is exactly what I did. With a ceramic bit I drilled into the back bottom of the stool to provide drainage. I filled the stool and tank with pebbles allowing for about 5 inches of dirt on top if the stones. I wish I had a picture of my favorite "POT" with airplane plants out of the tank and ivy out of the bowl. I have this in my backyard, because my neighbors with $15,000 flower beds would call the deed restriction "police" if I put it in the front yard. Everyone of my back-door-friends loves it. Smile whenever you see it. (04/30/2007)

By lindajeang

Toilet Planter
Garden: Toilet Planter
Making a Toilet Planter
Making a Toilet Planter
Geraniums in old wheelbarrow planter.
Making a Wheelbarrow Planter
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Recycled wooden chair planter.
Making a Chair Planter
🎉
🎄