Toilet Scratched By a Plumber's Snake

We recently had to "snake" the bathroom toilet, leaving scratch marks. We got most off with Comet, but does anyone have suggestions for the tougher scratch marks?

Teri from St Louis, MO

Answers:

Toilet Scratched By a Plumber's Snake

I'm assuming (I know that is dangerous) that the "snake" has left a gray metallic deposit on the hard glaze. Acidic cleaner will remove the metal by reduction. Metal salts are more soluble in water than the metal residue. (01/10/2007)

By Chewie

Toilet Scratched By a Plumber's Snake

Rust Stain Magic for toilets, sinks, and clothing will also remove metal scratches miraculously from porcelain and sinks. Spray it on, wait 5 full minutes or so, rub it off, and rinse/dry. Try it. I just know it will work for you unless whatever you might have already done coated the metal stains? Good luck and God bless you. : ) (01/27/2007)

By Lynda

Toilet Scratched By a Plumber's Snake

Brilliant advice re: pumice. It was scary to use, but it absolutely worked in removing scratches to the porcelain toilet. Wow! Thank you. (02/20/2008)

By Joey

Toilet Scratched By a Plumber's Snake

I know this sounds ridiculous, but I recently scratched my bathroom sink and bath with my ring. I used my girlfriend's extra fine nail polishing stick and buffed up with metal polish, a perfect and invisible repair. (10/14/2008)

By Steve

Toilet Scratched By a Plumber's Snake

I just used Soft Scrub with a magic stain eraser and it cleaned up most of the residue. I will probably go buy some Rust Stain Magic to pick up the last of it, though. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! (12/06/2008)

By Mike

Toilet Scratched By a Plumber's Snake

My wife who is a dentist used a disposable porcelain marker that they use and it's back to new. See if you can ask your dentist to buy one. (12/24/2008)

By MrClean

Toilet Scratched By a Plumber's Snake

I soaked my toilet bowl with Comet for two days. Some of marks left, but not all. I put Bar Keepers in for one day and now all marks have disappeared. (03/07/2009)

By Julia CK

Toilet Scratched By a Plumber's Snake

I used pumice stone on my toilet. It scratched it. Now I have a worse ring around the toilet. (05/24/2009)

By ncgardener

Toilet Scratched By a Plumber's Snake

I just used Cleaning Creame for Smooth Top Ranges (cleaner for glass top stove) on the plumber's snake scratches in the toilet. Worked beautifully! (09/21/2009)

By havin_aball

Toilet Scratched By a Plumber's Snake

Several of you said the pumice bar worked with a little elbow grease. I guess I don't have the patience for the elbow grease. I had a bottle of "Metal Out" for our pool so I poured some in, let sit, and brushed with a toilet brush and magically all the scratches vanished like it never happened. Metal Out can be bought at any pool supply store. No elbow grease allowed! (08/03/2010)

By campmire

White toilet against blue tile floor and wall
Repairing a Toilet Scratched by a Plumber's Snake
toilet plunger
Fixing a Clogged Toilet
Plunging Clogged Toilet
Plunging Clogged Toilet Backs Up Into Sink
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
🎉
🎄