Tomato Plants With Yellow Leaves

I purchased a Roma tomato plant that is about 12 inches high. It had thick, green foliage Memorial Day weekend. It is on my deck and now some of the leaves are turning yellow and brown and curling, mostly on the bottom. It looks like they are dying in places.

My daughter and neighbor said it is getting too much water. We have had quite a rainy season, but I am wondering if it is something else. I moved it to my front porch and it was even worse. I watered it and it looks better. It perked it up, but do I break off stems or leaves? It has been really hot also. It does have blossoms and the tomatoes are also coming on. Any suggestions?

By Beverly from Kewanee, IL

Tomato Plants With Yellow Leaves

Maybe it's root bound and needs a bigger pot. (06/29/2010)

By msweed

Tomato Plants With Yellow Leaves

Are you feeding it? Tomato plants need feeding once a week when the flowers appear and need to be well watered. Take off any side shoots that don't have flowers on them as these take all the goodness from the flower shoots. They also need sun to ripen them. (06/30/2010)

By blackbess

Roma tomato plant with diseased and yellowing leaves.
Tomato Plants Leaves Turning Yellow
Lilac Bush
Lilac Leaves Turning Yellow
Cleaning Old Dresses
Removing Yellow Creases from Stored Dresses
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 20, 2016 at 8:58:24 AM on in 863 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.