Tomato Plants with Yellow Leaves

What causes yellow leaves on tomato plants?

Phyllis from North Tonawanda NY

Answers:

Tomato Plants with Yellow Leaves

I moved my plants changed the brand I usually plant (from Jet Star to Jet Setter) and I still get it though not as bad! Last year I was done growing tomatoes in Aug. The plants all wilted, this year I pick a few branches here and there and cross my fingers! Biggest prob close planting=cool soil and high humidity plus contact between infected plants. (07/12/2007)

By McMillan968

Tomato Plants with Yellow Leaves

Lack of nitrogen? Pinch off the yellow leaves for starters, and give your plants a good a dose of tomato food (follow the directions). I think that will do the trick. Then feed regularly until you have harvested the fruit. Tomatoes deplete the nutrients in their soil very quickly, they need a good feed, and regularly. Good Luck
(07/14/2007)

By hedera

Tomato Plants with Yellow Leaves

I planted basil around the tomatoes and have not a single problem with yellowing or bugs. It was recommended by Jerry Blake.com and works. Also, I do not stake them or put them in a cage. I found a special tall wooden shipping crate shell and tied thick strings from the top, dropping them down to tie gently around each stalk, just as was suggested and that works, too. They don't like to be staked or around metal. Don't know why. My tomatoes and all plants in the city have suffered some specks of mold from too much rain, but it washes off and I use a tiny amt. of bleach on them to clean it. Also, don't let too many leave grow per stem, about 4-5 only, so the plant can concentrate on making blooms/fruit. It's the very first time I've even been able to grow tomatoes on this property without tons of problems. Now I will use that sheer curtain wrapped shipping crate, or one like it, forever! It allows just the right amount of light, and rain into the plant/pot. God bless you. :) (07/15/2007)

By Lynda

Roma tomato plant with diseased and yellowing leaves.
Tomato Plants Leaves Turning Yellow
Lilac Bush
Lilac Leaves Turning Yellow
Cleaning Old Dresses
Removing Yellow Creases from Stored Dresses
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
🎄