Tomato Relish Wild's Ezy-sauce

I would like the recipe for tomato relish using Wild's Ezy-sauce.

Teena from Highclere, Tasmania

Answers:

Tomato Relish Wild's Ezy-sauce

I can't find one, however there are lots of recipes for tomato relish out there. Perhaps you can experiment and recreate what you are looking for. (02/27/2008)

By luvmygingerkids

Tomato Relish Wild's Ezy-sauce

• 8 kg ripe tomatoes
  • 3 kg onions
  • 2 tablespoons Salt
  • 4 tablespoons Dry Mustard
  • 4 tablespoons Curry Powder
  • 3 Kg Sugar
  • 1 Bottle Ezy Sauce
  • 1 Cup Flour
  • 1 Cup Water

Peel tomatoes and onions, slice and place in a large bowl. Mix in salt, cover, and stand for 12 hours. Empty tomatoes, onions and salt into a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Mix mustard and curry powder together with about 1/2 cup water to make a thin paste. Stir into pan with sugar and Ezy Sauce. Boil for about 2 1/4 hours. Mix about 1/2 water into flour until smooth. Stir into pan contents and cook further 15 minutes. Fill, using a small jug or ladle into hot sterilized bottles or jars. Cover loosely, cool, then seal.

Makes approximately 7.5 liters. (04/16/2008)

By honkybear

Tomato Relish Wild's Ezy-sauce

Thanks so much for Tomato Relish Wild's Ezy-sauce recipe. It took a while to find. You are a champion for posting on this site. Many thanks. (07/11/2008)

By happymama

Tomato Relish Wild's Ezy-sauce

Great recipe. I use it all the time, but I cut back on the sugar and add golden syrup. That's great. (11/14/2008)

By ken

• Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

There was a little booklet that came with the sauce bottle that had a lot of eazy sauce recipe's in it, I lost mine in our house fire and was wondering if you can still get one.

The Ezy-Sauce Recipe is a delicious recipe, my 92 year old mother of 8 children born between 1948 to 1959 always put 6 to 8 large Granny Smith Apples Sliced with the Tomato and Onion replacing the Flour, this is a good natural thickener. Just for a difference I occasionally add it to Spaghetti Bolognese & other red meat dishes. To find the Recipe Just Go to Google and Type in "Wild's Tomato Ezy-Sauce Recipe. It's Yum!