Toning Down Dyed Red Hair

I just dyed my hair a light caramel brown and it turned out red. My son is getting married next week and it cannot be this color. How can I get it darker?

If your son is getting married next week, I suggest you go to a salon and have a professional fix it. If that were not the case, I would have suggested putting a semipermanent dye in your desired color over what you already have.

How bright of a red is it? If it's way out there, you'll need a professional. If it's faint, I'd suggest a semi permanent brown that is darker than your current red. If you have a beauty supply shop, the can assist you with the correct shade.

I would recommend going to a professional to fix the hair color to your desire for the upcoming wedding.

(Congratulations to your son btw!

Advance from Loreal says:

IF YOUR HAIR IS TOO RED

To tone down the red, you can try coloring your hair with a shade of brown thats the same color level as the red shade you used. Apply the color first to the area thats most red and keep it on for five to 10 minutes at most. Check your color every five minutes. Rinse when you feel you hair is dark enough.

http://www.lore  ection-tips.aspx