Too Many Bananas?

Do you hate letting bananas go bad, but get tired of baking banana bread? I do! If our bananas are on the verge of too ripe, I peel them, and wrap them individually in plastic wrap, and freeze them. We then use them for healthy smoothies, using about 2 cups of your choice of juice in the blender, 1 or 2 bananas, frozen strawberries (if you have them) and some protein powder. Voila! A healthy, quick breakfast.

By Sandra from Floral City, FL

Answers:

Too Many Bananas?

No need to peel the bananas. I just freeze them as they are. The skin turns dark but the actual banana pulp stays white. Thaw when ready to use. Cut the top off and squeeze into a measuring cup. Three medium bananas make about one cup of pulp. (01/10/2006)

By Janette Budnark

Too Many Bananas?

Something else that you can do with your bananas is to insert a popsicle stick in them, place them in the freezer for about 30 mins or so just long enough to make them a little firm but not frozen solid, then dip them in Chocolate almond bark and roll them in nuts or candy sprinkles, then place them back in the freezer for another 30 minutes to make them firm but again not frozen solid.
I ALWAYS have a house full of kids and they love them. (01/10/2006)

By lauried

Too Many Bananas?

I keep a large Ziploc bag in my freezer for overripe bananas. I keep them on hand for when I make banana bread. They absolutely make for the best bread because they are so sweet! (10/02/2009)

By THE IslandGirl

Too Many Bananas?
Dried Bananas
Drying Bananas
Dried Bananas
Recipes Using Dried Bananas
A banana on ice.
Freezing Bananas
overripe bananas
Using Overripe Bananas
🎉
🎄