Tootsie Pop Turkey
We made these at my son's school to be used as place cards for their Thanksgiving Feast. They would be perfect for both a school party or placed around the "kid's table" for your Thanksgiving meal at home!
Approximate Time: 20 minutes
- cardboard square (approx. 2x2 inches)
- hot glue gun
- felt (yellow and red)
- construction paper (yellow, red, green, and orange)
- Sharpie marker
- wooden bead (hole big enough to fit over stick)
- Tootsie Pop
- "feather" template, your design
- Make and cut out the "feather" template. Trace once onto each color of construction paper. Cut them out.
- Fan out the "feathers" and glue together.
- Glue the Tootsie Pop to the square piece of cardboard.
- Cut out a triangle for the "beak" from the yellow felt.
- Cut out a small, narrow triangle for the "wobble" from the red felt.
- Draw eyes onto the bead "head".
- Glue the "beak" and "wobble" onto the bead "head".
- Glue the fanned "feathers" to one side of the Tootsie Pop.
- Slide bead "head" over the stick. (If the bead does not fit snuggly you can place a small dab of glue on the bottom side of the bead to hold it in place.)
- Write the person's name onto the cardboard square. (Optional)
By Laurel from Port Orchard (Thank you Turi!)
November 16, 20070 found this helpful
these are way to cute !!
November 19, 20070 found this helpful
There is NO template for the feathers that prints with the directions. Planned on using this at school.
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
November 20, 20070 found this helpful
Perhaps you might contact the person posting this. I am sure they would have been happy to help you.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 1, 2016 at 3:21:04 PM on 10.0.0.163 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us