Training a Dog Not to Chase Chickens

Most dogs are quite smart, so despite their innate desire to chase your chickens, they can be trained not to. This is a guide about training a dog not to chase chickens.

Large dog sitting near chickens.

What's a good way of teaching my 6 month old puppy not to chase my G. hens when I let them out of the pen? I was going to put him on a leash and walk around in my chicken yard but couldn't even get him into it. He just cried and lay down. Thanks.

Sandy from Mountain View, AR

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

To fab4mom: Where were you when my guys were little? I could have used your expertise training my three sons.

Read More Answers...
Pets Dogs Training AdviceJune 16, 2013
A dog and cat sitting in at a table in a house looking at each other.
Training a Dog Not to Chase Cats
pug in a crate
Crate Training a Dog
A dog standing on a driveway.
Training a Dog Not to Chase Cars
Pet chicken in the backyard.
Pet Chickens Information and Photos
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 11, 2016 at 1:03:04 AM on 10.0.1.254 in 346 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.