Training a Dog to Not Run Away

I have a 6 year old Yorkshire Terrier and I have been having problems with her. Whenever she gets a chance, she always runs across the road and barks and my neighbors dogs and they have sent the dog warden unto us a few times. What can I do to stop her from doing this?

Sarah from Northern Ireland Banbridge

Answers:

Training a Dog to Not Run Away

I take both of my indoor dogs outside on leashes. When I'm short on time, like in the morning before leaving for work, I usually pay for it it I don't leash them because if it's rained there's red mud and my white poodle likes to dig in it. Then I have to wash his paws too! Anyway, I'd take her out on a leash or buy one of those corkscrew things that screws into the ground. You can attach one end of a chain to it and the other end to her for the time she's outside. Hope this helps! (04/13/2007)

By Tammy

Training a Dog to Not Run Away

Keep her on a leash at all times outdoors. (04/13/2007)

By

Training a Dog to Not Run Away

The DOG is the pack leader in your house. Remember dogs are pack animals, they do as the leader does or tells them to do, if SHE is the pack leader than YOU have NO say! You shouldn't be letting her off a lead anyway, but if you do then she should be listening to you. Check out this site for a great person who does a really great job showing people how to OWN a dog, not the dog own THEM.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/dogwhisperer/cesar.html (04/13/2007)

By michawnpita

Training a Dog to Not Run Away

1) Always on a leash outdoors

2) Obedience classes. (04/14/2007)

By Jantoo

Training a Dog to Not Run Away
pug in a crate
Crate Training a Dog
A hole in a pair of pantyhose.
Fixing a Run in Your Stockings
Pug looking guilty.
Training a Dog to Poop on a Training Pad
agility training for your dog
Agility Training for Your Dog
🎉
🎄