Home RemediesHealth & Beauty

Treating Blisters on Lips

Category Home Remedies

I have tiny blisters inside my lips and my lips are little puffy. What could be causing this? What can I do to treat them?

By PM

I frequently have the problem too, so I got on the web and started looking for answers. My doctor was prescribing antibiotics which I got tired of using. After thorough searching I read over and over that L-Lysine was the thing to try. So I went to Walmart & bought a bottle and took 6 that day. All was well by the next day. Now when I feel 'em coming on I take 2 in the morning and 2 at night for a couple of days and they stay gone. So I'm no doctor and I can't say for sure, but that's what worked for me, so maybe it'll work for you too! Good Luck

Could be an allergy to anything that comes in contact with them - even toothpaste, mouth wash, lipstick, any make-up or it could be something you are eating. I am extremely sensitive to sodium benozate and along with other problems, it produces large sores in my mouth. It is a commonly used in make-up, toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoo, candy, soft drink, salad dressing and is a problem for about 10% of the population. Start reading labels. Hope this helps.

This happens to me when I eat chips like Extreme Pickle Chips from Pringles, or even Salt and Vinegar chips. The Vinegar is just too strong. Sometimes, Nitrites in meats and junk food can affect your mouth, too. MSG is also insidious in soups, chips, snack foods, meats, and you can be allergic to it.

Popcicles help, ice, or even just sipping cold water and holding it in your mouth before you swallow can help.

Yes, read the labels. They can be lifesavers.