Treating Cat with Ear Mites

Is there a home treatment for ear mites in kittens (11 weeks old)? I recently adopted a kitten and just checked her ears and noticed they are very black with ear wax.

I cleaned them as good as I could, but they still need more cleaning. Is there any kind of home remedy for ear mites?

By Cricket from Parkton, NC

Answers:

Treating Cat with Ear Mites

An excellent homemade ear mite treatment is to get some olive oil (maybe a 1/3 cup) and chop up some garlic cloves (maybe 3,4, or 5 cloves). Let the chopped up garlic cloves sit in the olive oil for a few hours so the garlic saturates the olive oil. (It's the garlic that kills the ear mites). Get an eye dropper and suck up the olive oil only. Put a few drops in each ear. Massage the ear from the outside.

After a few hours wash out the kitten's ears with ear cleaner solution or warm water. Do not use a Q-tip, but wrap your pinkie finger with a Kleenex to clean our the ears. A lot of junk will come up. I use the garlic olive oil all the time on my dogs whenever they start scratching their ears or shaking their head. It works great and saves me money. (11/28/2009)

By sabrinadog

Treating Cat with Ear Mites

I have worked for a Veterinarian for over 27 years. There is not a home remedy for ear mites. Please take your fur baby to his Vet for an exam and if it is ear mites, your Dr. will prescribe the proper medication. Good luck. (11/30/2009)

By K9cats

Treating Ear Mites
Treating Ear Mites
Rendering of a dust mite on a white background.
Getting Rid of Dust Mites
A woman with swimmers ear.
Treating and Preventing Swimmers Ear
Vet treating dog's ear.
Treating a Dog's Ear Infection
buzzing in your ear
Buzzing in Your Ears
🎄