Treating Damaged, Brittle Hair

How do I make my damaged hair softer and less dry?

By Ang from Chicago, IL

Answers:

Treating Damaged, Brittle Hair

You can make your own 'hot oil' type treatment by mixing about a teaspoonful of olive oil with conditioner. Put it in something that you can set in the sink into hot water, so it can warm up. Work it through damp hair, then tie up in a towel, and let sit for at least 30 minutes while you do something else. Then wash out with shampoo. Do that once a week, and it should help. (08/07/2010)

By fatboyslimsmom

Treating Damaged, Brittle Hair

Mayonnaise works. sounds disgusting, but I would only do it if you have really bad hair and you've tried everything else. (08/08/2010)

By jigglebunny456

Treating Damaged, Brittle Hair

The very best stuff you can use is Argon Oil. I get mine from Sally's Beauty Supply, but you can also get it online. The one I have is called The One and Only Argon Oil, but Sally's also sells another brand along with a shampoo and conditioner that I haven't tried yet, but I plan to in the very near future. I have read reviews on the Sally's website and it sounds awesome. I have very dry and brittle hair that gets very frizzy. I have been using Argon Oil for over a year now and my hair is beautiful! It's healthy, full of volume, shiny, never frizzy even when it's humid. My hair feels like silk and it's never greasy or weighed down. You NEED to try this product! I promise you, you will LOVE it! (08/11/2010)

By bambi2003

Treating Damaged, Brittle Hair

Hum, I'm gonna look for the Argon Oil too. A friend has recommended to me Moroccan Oil as well which is sold in beauty supply and I think it comes in a brown bottle.

I have been using Aveda Almond Oil and Shea Butter shampoo and conditioner and I have noticed improvement. I have had good results with any shampoo and Garnier Fortifying - Sleek and Shine conditioner.

My favorite solution is Hi-Pro-Pac Conditioner and this was recommended to me by a stylist and it's my nothing-else-helps-go-to product! You can buy it in a small use packet for a $1-2 or a tube so you can simply try it. Find it at Sally Beauty supply or online. Here is a link so you can see/read about it.

http://www.folica.com/hair-care/hair-conditioners/hi-pro-pac-conditioner
(10/29/2010)

By dvg

A woman looking at the ends of her damaged hair.
Remedies for Damaged Hair
African American woman with natural hair holding a strand and looking at it with concern
Remedy for Hair Damaged By Relaxer
microwave
Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipes
Cashews
Cashew Brittle Recipes
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
🎄