Treating Dog with Yeast Infection

My 8 months old Pug has a skin yeast infection I think. Her skin is black, dry, flaky almost like elephant skin, and she is losing hair. It's not itchy.

I already tried using different kinds of soap, shampoo, and my vet gave me some tablets for "hair growth", but no use :( Please help me I'm really frustrated.

Your poor dog! If your vet has examined and provided treatment for your dog and the treatment has not helped, I strongly suggest that you take your dog to another vet for a full examination. If you delay seeing another vet, it is clear the problem will worsen. Please help your dog!

Yeah, your vet isn't really doing anything. Did he even do a skin scrape and look at it under a microscope? I've never even heard of hair growth pills. If such a thing worked, bald men would use them!

I think you need a better vet.

hi your poor dog skin looks so bad. please try rubbing some pure emu oil. it calms them down and it will heal slowly. good luck.

tumeric mixed with yogurt applied directly to skin leave on long as possible. continue daily . itchy stops after two days. continue till skin back to normal. Wash off tumeric and yogurt mixture with plain water. the dog can lick mixture off it will not hurt her in any way . it works wonders my day used to itch 24/7 then after three days no itching will continue until his hair grows back,

I have found that I can mix a solution in equal parts of water, baby oil (plain, unscented)and the original brown Listerine and put it in a spray bottle. Every time my basset began to scratch I would give the bottle a good shake and spray the area she was scratching and it immediately stopped her scratching. If you look at the Listerine ingredients it has several soothing essential oils. I can't tell you the last time I had to use it.

We watch her diet. We changed her food to Zignature Trout and Wild Salmon. No grains that breed yeast. She is back to normal and we only give her fresh veges for treats that are on the low glycemic index. She loves baby carrots, lettuce, celery, cucumbers, etc. I aso bathe her in Pet Meds Be Super Clean Shampoo. It has an antimicrobial and an antifungal in it. It's super thick so I dilute it 1:1 with water. It's $10 a bottle but goes a long way. You put it on the coat and work it in then let it sit on the skin for up to 10 minutes. Rinse and dry as usual. I always start her bath off with an iodine soak too to clean any yeast that may be lingering in her nail beds or pads. Be diligent and your pup will be good as new in no time, no thanks to the Vet.

My dog's skin looked almost exactly like the picture you posted. The only difference was that she was terrible itchy. I took her to the vet a few days ago and found out that she has demodectic mange. That's not the scary, contagious kind, but rather caused by a mite. It's not contagious to other dogs or people. She also has a bacterial staph infection and a yeast infection. Poor thing! No wonder I couldn't solve her problem by changing her diet or bathing her.

Solution: To kill the mites, my vet prescribed Bravecto. It's a pill that kills fleas and mites - but off label it also kills these mites. It's an expensive pill, but lasts for 3 months. It was also recommended to put her on 1 month of antibiotics and a special medicated shampoo. I have opted against these 2 options at this time. I'm trying some more natural approaches. My vet agreed that this was a very reasonable approach.

Good News... within 1 hour of taking the Bravecto, my dog was finally free from the insane itching. Her skin is already starting to look so much better after just 3 days. It's not completely healed, but much improved.

I hope that this information will be helpful to you in some way. Being armed with this diagnosis has been a huge blessing; it's difficult to fight something if you don't know who your enemy is. I wish I could have found this info out long ago.

Solution: To kill the mites, my vet prescribed Bravecto. It's a pill that kills fleas and mites - but off label it also kills these mites. It's an expensive pill, but lasts for 3 months. It was also recommended to put her on 1 month of antibiotics and a special medicated shampoo. I have opted against these 2 options at this time. I'm trying some more natural approaches for this part of the treatment. My vet agreed that this was a very reasonable approach.

I hope that this information will be helpful to you in some way. Being armed with this diagnosis has been a huge blessing; it's difficult to fight something if you don't know who your enemy is. I wish I could have found this info out long ago and so thankful that I know now!

Hi I am a breeder and when faced with ringworm or yeast the fastest surest cure is to fill your tub full enough to to cover most of dog add 1 And1/4 cup bleach soak dog 20 minutes cuping water over head the whole time, this is not much stronger than a freshly shocked chlorine pool and will cure skin yeast and staph in 4 days instead of four weeks and stop severe hair loss just be careful around eyes.

Does this really work?

Pugs yeast infection on skin

After spending $90 bucks for a office visit and skin test that later came back negative (after 14 days). I used a $1 tube of clotrimazole to treat an area on my dogs head where he was rapidly losing hair. I wasn't going to wait 14 days for him to prescribe something, so I did my own research on the internet. The clotrimazole worked immediately.

same problems with my pug if u have solve this problem to plz share with me

Rub fresh aloe vera on skin

Pure aloe vera did not work for my Pitt bull terrier's skin issues on her stomach and creases of her legs. I was advised to try 2t. Per day of either Apple Cider Vinegar or Lemon juice. Mix the 2t. into the water or onto the food. Supposed to help very quickly, and save lots of money from vet visits.

check for mange my dogs has just been diginosed with it it looks similar

Dog's Yeast Infection
Treating a Dog's Yeast Infection
Pets Dogs HealthJune 14, 2015
A dog holding a paw up to one of his ears, as if listening.
Natural Treatment for Yeast Infection in Dog's Ears
A yeast free cheese pizza.
No Yeast Pizza Dough Recipes
A woman with swimmers ear.
Treating and Preventing Swimmers Ear
oinment bottle
Treating a Staph Infection (Cellulitis)
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 17, 2017 at 1:40:32 PM on 10.0.2.150 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.