I have poison ivy on my face and I have done all of the treatments and I believe that it is getting better. Well, I don't know if it's getting better because it's all dried up! Please tell me if that's good or bad. I need info.
By Bean-o from MA
I feel for you -- honestly! How long have you had the rash? Have you seen a doctor yet?
I got a horrible rash on my forearms several years back, and tried to deal with it. At a routine doctor's visit, I pointed it out to the doc (although it was finally healing up after over a month), and he said it looked like poison ivy. I had been doing some yard clean up, and I guess there was some dead poison ivy. He prescribed a steroid, and that helped finish clear it up more quickly.
I feel like it got better once it dried up, but it's been a while. I just know that I will never let it go so long again. I hate going to the doctor, but that rash was miserable. If you haven't visited your doc yet, please consider it. Hope you feel better soon!
Wash your face with fals naptha soap.
Yes, the fact that the rash is drying up is a very good sign. The liquid that comes out of the bumps is what spreads the rash. My entire family is extremely sensitive to poison ivy. Calamine never helped, but a gel called Rhuli-gel worked like a charm!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!