Treating Toenail Fungus

How do you get rid of toenail fungus? It keeps coming back.

By Elaine from The Villages, FL

Answers:

Treating Toenail Fungus

I have it myself, you can take medications, but they wreck your liver and it takes about 1.5 yrs to clear it up. Some topicals help, but you have to be consistent with the treatment and again your nails grow slowly so it takes months. I've had a couple of nails removed. (08/03/2010)

By bkvander

Treating Toenail Fungus

My grandfather had very dry and thick toenails as he aged. A friend told us about using Vick's Vapo-Rub on feet in general for nice healthy feet, nails and all. We did it for granddaddy, and in just about a week, you could already tell a big difference. A neighbor had toenail fungus and we mentioned what we were doing for my grandfather, so he started using the Vick's the same way we were.

Try a nice foot massage making sure to get the Vick's all around the cuticles and under the nail as far as possible. We now have two happy old gentlemen who enjoy sharing their story with others at the center. You'd think they'd discovered electricity to hear them exclaiming over how great their feet are now. Be sure to include a clean pair of white cotton socks for sleeping, and the doctor told us that no one should ever wear anything other than white socks on their feet. He said half the trouble with nail problems was the various dyes that's put into socks and judging by problems in so many other areas with things coming out of China, it wouldn't surprise me at all. Even if you have to wear a dark pair of socks over the white ones, just be sure to keep white socks next to the skin.

I won't argue with success, and hope this helps other people out there who suffer with tired aching feet. A good foot soak is very soothing as well, then rub on the Vick's, add the white socks and you;'ll be as good as new very shortly.

(08/06/2010)

By StarWarsCollector

Treating Toenail Fungus

To let you know, it doesn't have to be Vicks, the cheaper "generic" works just as well. That's what I used, but I swabbed it thick on the toes with fungus then bandaged those areas, not changing the bandages for two days or so then putting on fresh after showering. I wore socks over them at night just in case. I didn't want to get the goop on my bed! I did that for about two weeks then sprayed inside all my shoes with a disinfectant spray until the fungus was gone. Oh, I also soaked my feet in a vinegar/water mix after showering and before using the Vicks. Best of luck to you. I know exactly how you feel! (08/06/2010)

By catcrony

Treating Toenail Fungus

You could be yeast resistant which means that you don't have the ability to fight yeast or fungus infections. You will have to probably always use something to prevent fungal infections from recurring. It also helps not to go barefoot and to wear white absorbent socks. (08/06/2010)

By yoder178

Photo of a toe with toenail fungus.
Getting Rid of Toenail Fungus
woman caring for a peace plant
Getting Rid of Fungus Gnats
hole in sock exposing big toe nail with smiley face
Treating A Damaged Toenail
Health Benefits of Oregano Oil
Health Benefits of Oregano Oil
Treating the Soil After Tomato Blight
Treating Soil After Tomato Blight
🎉
🎄